Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I feel very dumb asking this question but I just cannot seem to find the answer... :eek:

Looking through some of the ZX6R parts of the forum I have come across people talking about the front end coming up. I have seen a couple videos where when they open the throttle the front end comes up and I was just wondering... how exactly do people stop this from happening? Or is it even possible?

I am not sure if this is even a legit question but ya, thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The answer you are looking for is in your helmet! control your right wrist. my zx6 doen't power wheelie,so doesn't come up unless it is intentional!:)

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
lol do you mean a wheelie? It's prevented by not opening the throttle too much. It's usually done on purpose.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,869 Posts
Also, having a smooth throttle hand is important. It's possible to go WOT in 1st gear without lifting the front end, you just have to do it smoothly and modulate intelligently to smooth out the top-end powerband surge. Think of the bike as a musical instrument, slow is smooth, smooth is fast. The more graceful you manage to be on the controls, the more happy the bike will be. For some reason that analogy worked well for me (then again, I've been a musician for far longer than I've been a rider).

·
Powerhungry
38,386 Posts
Alright I feel very dumb asking this question but I just cannot seem to find the answer... :eek:

Looking through some of the ZX6R parts of the forum I have come across people talking about the front end coming up. I have seen a couple videos where when they open the throttle the front end comes up and I was just wondering... how exactly do people stop this from happening? Or is it even possible?

I am not sure if this is even a legit question but ya, thanks! :)
it def wont just happen by accident.
anything but the right conditions, it wont happen at all.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
+1. I've been on this bike for a while now, and had the front end come up for the first time under a WOT 1st gear a few weeks ago. I mean sure it happened when I was at the drag strip, but that's a little different.

But yes, if you don't want the front end coming up, don't twist as far... it's all up to you man.

·
Kawi for Life!
1,610 Posts
Also, having a smooth throttle hand is important. It's possible to go WOT in 1st gear without lifting the front end, you just have to do it smoothly and modulate intelligently to smooth out the top-end powerband surge. Think of the bike as a musical instrument, slow is smooth, smooth is fast. The more graceful you manage to be on the controls, the more happy the bike will be. For some reason that analogy worked well for me (then again, I've been a musician for far longer than I've been a rider).
Come on Luke, like he's gonna know WOT if he's a noob.

WOT= Wide Open Throttle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts