Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just completed my MSF, and got my M endorsement! I've gained motorcycle noob status! I'm super excited to start riding and join the forum community. Currently got my loan approval and am just looking for a good deal on a 2011 Kawi Ninja 650r!!!

Is there any difference between the 09, 10, and 11 650rs? Should I try to hold out for a 2012 650r?

I really like the black look over the burnt candy orange, but the blacks are really rare, and I'm finding Ninja 650s in general to be rare to find.

First upgrade I'm looking at is the halo angel (are those the same?) eyes with HID projector lights. Then maybe an exhaust and blue led lights sprinkled under the fairings.

Any thoughts guys?

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Welcome, n00b!

There is no difference aside from color with the 09-present 650's. If I were you I would try to get something cheap, buying new for a first bike is a bad idea generally speaking.

·
Veteran Lowsider
20,840 Posts
welcome to the site "noob"

My advice is only to spend money on track bikes. Dont get a street 6r with mods and a track 6r decked out

ask me how i know

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do you know? I don't want anything with mods on it already. I'm looking for a 2009 Black 650r but they seem so rare to find. Hell, I'd go with a 2010-11 if I could find one in black for a good price. Seems like the Burnt Candy Oranges, and Kawi greens are every where ;(

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Get a black 250 for a fraction of the price

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Waiting to see if I won the free Ninja 250 from the Good Times contest on the Kawi site ;) Damn, if I won I'd be stoked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts