Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 8 AM EDT SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BINGHAMTON HAS ISSUED A FROST ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 8 AM EDT SATURDAY.

HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD INTO THE REGION TODAY AND TONIGHT. SKIES ARE EXPECTED TO GRADUALLY BECOME CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY...WHICH WILL ALLOW TEMPERATURES TO FALL INTO THE MID AND UPPER 30S BY SUNRISE SATURDAY. A LIGHT FROST IS EXPECTED FOR MANY LOCATIONS ACROSS CENTRAL NEW YORK AND NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA WHICH CAN CAUSE DAMAGE TO FROST SENSITIVE VEGETATION.

IT IS SUGGESTED THAT OUTDOOR PLANTS... AND TENDER VEGETATION BE COVERED OR BROUGHT INSIDE BY TONIGHT.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by hokie636
The season's about over. Let the winter mod projects begin!
I know. I plan on putting a PC III, steering damper, dark db puig, CA integrated tail light and a speedohealer over the winter winter. Maybe a good time to check air filter, brake fluid, coolant and plugs.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
And I'm STILL waiting to get my bike back from the dealer!! :(

Fuck the winter....heated vests and gloves here we come! [:p]

I'll stop when it starts snowing...

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
The FL riding season is just starting. It stops raining, the sun comes out, and the highs are in the mid 70's, lows in the 50's...Winter is the perfect riding season in FL.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man, you guys make me want to move. If it wasn't for my job and house, I’d be in my pickup truck with bike in the back and heading south or west. Life is too short to only able to ride half the year. Plus, no tracks around here, no bike night, no girls flashing their tits [8D], hardly ever see a guy on a sports bike.

/end rant

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
It's getting to the low 70's here. I keep mine and my wife's bikes inside, so we can pull them out anytime it's a decent day. I like riding in cold weather though compared to the 90+ heat.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by rainking1978
Man, you guys make me want to move. If it wasn't for my job and house, I’d be in my pickup truck with bike in the back and heading south or west. Life is too short to only able to ride half the year. Plus, no tracks around here, no bike night, no girls flashing their tits [8D], hardly ever see a guy on a sports bike.

/end rant
Dude, if you have enuf money to mod the shit outta your bike, you have enuf money to buy some heated vests/gloves. Just turn those bad boys on and you get some full-year riding! [:p]

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts

Good idea. I was looking at this http://cozywinters.com/heated-clothing/?source=go&gclid=COfC9fea04cCFQVNHgodCGtXFA

Do you think our battery can handle all those plugged in?
Haha I was just lookin at the same site. I'll probably just get the vest and the gloves - the socks and pants seem a bit much but then again I've never ridden in the winter.

I haven't looked at the site too much but I thought it used a separate battery. I'll hafta look over it more cause we're gonna need that stuff very soon. Especially since I love to ride early in the morning.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You would have to install this. It plugs into your battery. They give you a free one if you order the vest.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
You would have to install this. It plugs into your battery. They give you a free one if you order the vest.
Since you're farther north than me, I guess you'll be installing it first.

Feel free to write down instructions :D

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon

Since you're farther north than me, I guess you'll be installing it first.

Feel free to write down instructions :D
Uh...you connect it into the battery. Match the colors. The end, you're welcome. lmao

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by dragknt

Uh...you connect it into the battery. Match the colors. The end, you're welcome. lmao
Clearly you didn't get the memo that says that I'm mechanically retarded. Just ask Trig...it took me 8 hours to install my integrated turn signals lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm heading back to California within the next 2 years. I can't take this crap anymore. Because as soon as the weather comes back in spring, we still have to wait like a month or 2 for all the sand to come off the roads.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Winter mod projects FTW!!~!

Good thing I finally got a job during school, huh? Now I can 'afford' to run up my credit card on bike parts I probably don't need! lol

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.