Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where in MD you ride capt'n?

I have 900 miles on '03 and I've noticed it usually runs between 150-215 depending whether I go 140 mph or setting still at a light. Some friends I ride with have said as long as don't peak over 220 you're ok.

There's some hi performance coolant you can replace your radiator fluid with but it's not track legal- called Engine Ice. I haven't used it myself but heard it works great

http://www.cyclelogic.cc/products.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ride in baltimore. I was riding about 35-40 mph when i was reading 215 degrees. So this is ok!
Originally posted by 03redzx6r

Where in MD you ride capt'n?

I have 900 miles on '03 and I've noticed it usually runs between 150-215 depending whether I go 140 mph or setting still at a light. Some friends I ride with have said as long as don't peak over 220 you're ok.

There's some hi performance coolant you can replace your radiator fluid with but it's not track legal- called Engine Ice. I haven't used it myself but heard it works great

http://www.cyclelogic.cc/products.html

·
Registered
720 Posts
It's okay, the fan will kick on, you only have to worry if the temp light comes on, cause if it does it's time to start lane splitting, but I don't think you'll have to worry about it up there.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have 900 miles on '03 and I've noticed it usually runs between 150-215 depending whether I go 140 mph or setting still at a light.
Same here. 03, about 900 miles, 155-215F. Yesterday, while doing the MSF experienced riders course (read: slow speed maneuvers), the bike got to 220 after I turned off the ignition. But when I restarted the bike, the fan kicked in, cooled to 215 or so in less than 10 seconds. It gave me a lot of confidence that the bike wouldn't overheat.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My 03 only hits 220 when I stand still...when I'm riding I stay around 170 to 185. I only have 100 miles on mine. Just picked it up on Friday....can't wait to break it in. How are you guys breaking yours in?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.