Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've only been riding this bike for barely a week and the weather here is about 25 celsius or so, give or take 3-5 degrees. During the day, mid afternoon, minor traffic I'm getting 4 bars on the temp gauge. During the night, on longer rides I'm getting 3 bars. Now, when I'm putting around the parking lot looking for a space, I get up to 5 bars... and the weather isn't even very hot. Is this normal? What happens if it's hotter and traffic is worse... ? How many bars would you consider a safe temp range to ride in?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Azn6R

This sounds normal to me, the fans on the bike should come on when the bike is really hot, like when sitting in traffic on a hot day.
Do a search on 'temp' as there are a few threads which discuss this matter.
If you are riding along doing say 50mph or 80kph with little or no traffic and you have temp that is really high I would get it checked out or flush your cooling system yourself and make sure the fans come on.

Enjoy :)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I own a green 99 and those readings sound exactly like mine runs.

I have bought mine new in 99 and it now has 15500 miles on it and still running strong! :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
I complained to a couple of zx owners that my bike gets abnormally hot at times and they all suggested the same thing to me--engine ice. I can't say I've gotten it yet but these are seasoned Ninja riders who use it themselves, so I'd trust it. It seems to be a Kawasaki thing.

-Insana

·
Registered
185 Posts
I too have a 99 and those sound exactly like the temps I get and I have 1400 mile on mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.