Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello my name is Greg & im 26 from Madison, Ohio which is about 40 minutes north east of cleaveland. I recently traded a white 97 4dr 5sp acura integra wth a gsr b18c1 motor rolling 198K for this 1997 Kawasaki zx9r with 15K on it. This is the first bike ove pesonally owned, I learned to ride on a 2004 lowered and stretched gsxr 750. Put about 2500 miles on that bike oe summer and a few years later finally got a bike of my own. Needed to get on a kawi forum to learn from those expeirenced with kawis and this specifc model. I also will troll around to admire what others have done and are doing. When I got the bike te front tire was bald as my ass in 3rd grade, rear tire a month later began showing cord, bike has fallen over, scratched the right side up, broke the brake lever and tore the trottle grip. Since Ive had the bike I replaced all that listed except the right fairing. scratches and dings dont bother me much since its a 97 used ad is my first bike. Its imperfections set aside I do like the bike, a little heavier then Id like but I still admire its appearance, power & history.

Looking forward to being a member of this forum! Thanks for veiwing my thread, have a good one & stay safe.:cheers:

"LOUD PIPES SAVES LFES":lick:

*Up to date pic*

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Welcome here.

The heavier the bike, the more comfortable it is riding in a straight line, but the less it wants to corner. I feel the weight differences every time I have a passenger.

You should be happy with the extra comfort and low price, at the cost of slightly slower lap times on a track against equally skilled riders on newer bikes with less weight or more power.

I recommend putting Startron or Seafoam in the fuel tank every 6 months, to help keep the carbs clean.

The polished frame and the green color look nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome here.

The heavier the bike, the more comfortable it is riding in a straight line, but the less it wants to corner. I feel the weight differences every time I have a passenger.

You should be happy with the extra comfort and low price, at the cost of slightly slower lap times on a track against equally skilled riders on newer bikes with less weight or more power.

I recommend putting Startron or Seafoam in the fuel tank every 6 months, to help keep the carbs clean.

The polished frame and the green color look nice.
Thanks, I agree it is very comfortable to ride compared to any new bike I've ridden. Can you tell the tear effect carbon fiber air brush. Painted to look like it CF is under that green. She is cost friendly :) which is great for me. I have a cf two brothers slip on for her to replace the knock off chrome muzzy that's on it. All i really wanna do to this bike is stretch it atleast 8inches. You know if they make extensions for these or extended swingarms? Ive been into cars, drag & track racing. Had an 08 turbo cobalt ss stock turbo 317whp/350wtq dynojet dyno. Interested in getting into bikes and modding/customizing them.

I think you spelled Cleveland wrong, i think your brain was thinking of cleavage.
Lol never heard that one before

1 - 5 of 5 Posts