Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up everyone, just wanted to drop in and say my hello's. I'm kinda new to the bike scene i'm about 12 hours away from getting my bike. she's an 07 zx6r silver/red very excited and nervous as well. Those newb stickies are scary man but I'm getting full gear and plan on taking things extremely easy to get myself adjusted to the bike, i'm also a firm believer in speed is for the track not the street.

· Registered
329 Posts
The ZX6 is a pretty scary bike for someone with minimal riding experience. In addition to MSF, I'd also add a good dose of PLP to get further acclimated with the bike and sharpen your skills. Most MSF course parking lots have paint markers on the floor so that you can work on lo- and hi-speed maneuvers. If there are no paint markers, you can use this:

Motorcycle Skills Test Practice Guide

Good luck and stay safe.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx for the welcomes and advice guys, I fully realize that this isnt the most logical bike to get as a first but I'm not completely unexperienced on bikes this is just personally my first bike. I have only taken it around a horseshoe street in my neighborhood, much practice with in my neighborhood and local stadium parking lot is in my future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.