Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 Ninja EX250 will crank with no problem, but refuses to start all the way. I have already replaced the battery, cleaned the carbs, and I just replaced the spark plugs today, but when I took a plug out and put the spark plug in it, then tried to crank while touching the end of the spark plug to the top of the engine, there was no spark? I was wondering what are the most common culprits for not having spark?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
bad plug, wire or coil. I assume you tried both sides to check for spark?

how about some back ground on the bike... was it running before and suddenly stopped... just bought it and never ran... what?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bad plug, wire or coil. I assume you tried both sides to check for spark?

how about some back ground on the bike... was it running before and suddenly stopped... just bought it and never ran... what?
I did check both sides for spark, nothing. The bike was running when I bought it. My friend was riding it and he says it suddenly started to lose power on him, he thought it was low on gas. We got more gas for it but it hasn't started since.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I would think something like a bad coil or the signal that feeds the coils. Do you have a service manual?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts