Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been a member of this site for some time now but wasn't all that active. Bought a 2006 ZX6R back in May, had a minor accident on it in July, got new fairings for it put on a few weeks ago. Planning on being more active now.

I'm 32 and been riding for about 5 years now. However I don't ride like someone who's been riding for 5 years. The learning curve is much steeper for me because I have a neurological disorder that causes sensory processing difficulties. I've had 3-4 minor accidents over the years as a result of how this has impacted my riding (no injuries as a result of my being an ATGATT nazi), but I'm (very slowly) working on learning ways around it.

I am currently making progress as I have found that wearing earplugs and a 1 pc race suit help get around some of the areas where this has been affecting me.

I have my first track day coming up in September and I feel I am ready for it, and that it will be better for me than street riding as many of the issues I deal with that make riding difficult won't be a factor in a track setting. I will be periodically posting questions asking for advice that many of you will be unable to answer as they are specific to trying to find ways around these issues in how it pertains to riding. If you're willing and able to offer up helpful advice, feel free. Thank you =)

Pic of my bike in its current (post accident and repair) state:

Have not yet had the tank done to match the new body coloring.

After I get the tank done to match the rest of the bodywork, the next major upgrade is aftermarket rearsets. I feel that the change in footpeg positioning as well as the difference in the actual footpegs themselves will eliminate another "trouble area."

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
things to consider if you get aftermarket rearsets
rear brake switch
rear brake line length
shift linkage

for about the same price as rearsets you might want to consider a steering stabilizer, IMHO way more bang for the buck

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
things to consider if you get aftermarket rearsets
rear brake switch
rear brake line length
shift linkage

for about the same price as rearsets you might want to consider a steering stabilizer, IMHO way more bang for the buck
Thank you very much. =) I will look into that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts