Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The clutch on every sportbike I've owned, when new, feels a little notchy, bumpy, jerky when taking off from a stop. Friction plates grabbing and locking up but very noticeable on my new 10. vibes through whole bike. It has 500+ miles on it and I thought by now it would have started to wear in a little. Clutch engages, disengages and gears shift fine but wondering if friction plates were intalled dry at factory and need to be soaked and reinstalled. Or does it take some miles to wear it in?? Anyone else noticing it???

·
Registered
35 Posts
do a search here and on bikeland.org. Your clutch is blowing apart. This is about the 5th I heard about. The other day I was down to the shop and they had one there as well. It will get worse then the inards will blow. The shop stated it was from the massive power along with clutch up wheelies. I believe the got the Warrenty to cover it but ck it out now before she blows on the road ... if that happens she will lockup !!!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
The clutch plates probly came a little dry. Just take them out,soak them for a few hours, and re install. Its easy and makes a big diff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I BOUGHT MY 06 AND THE TRANNY WAS EXTREMELY SMOOTH, I HAD A 04 CBR1000 AND PUT 24K ON IT, AND NEVER HAD A PROB, THEN GOT THIS BIKE AND CANT BELEIVE HOW SMOOTH IT IS.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brought it to the dealer, had it checked. They noticed what I was talking about and their answer was it's characteristic to the bike. They said it's a very aggressive clutch and will feel nothchy and grab a little in first. I still question it. Talked to some that say the friction plates were installed dry at factory. Others have said maybe plates are a little warped. ??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.