Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am at an ice cream place with my gf... met her there... come back to my bike to leave and there are 2 guys in a Lancer Evo... I start the bike, then ofcourse they start trying to talk to me, with my helmet on... here is the conversation:

Evo : Hey, is that the new 2006? (my thought: what the hell does that mean?)
Me: Um, yeah...
Evo: How's that ride?
Me: Pretty good.
Evo: How's that compare to the new R14? (My thought, wow... and what the hell is an R14)
Me: (taking it that he meant they ZX14) **Laughing** Absolutely no comparison. (not that I have ever ridden one)
Evo: **too his buddy** what did he say?
Evo's Buddy: Absolutely no comparison.
Evo: Oh... what size is that?
Me: 600
Evo: Oh (with a very shocked look on his face)
Me: Have a great night. (My thought, I cannot wait to get home to share this one!)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
lol, you gotta love it man! It's obvious when people start asking these questions they dont have a freakin clue about bikes! You could probably tell him just about anything and he'd take your word for it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
thats why im glad i ride with a helmet ALL THE TIME. i just pull a maverick and act like i dont hear them. i dont have the energy to deal with all these idiots!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I go "helmet deaf" sometimes too... Mostly though when I am at a redlight and someone yells, "do a wheelie" or "smoke the tire" or some other 'tarded shit....

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Originally posted by jealous57
Yeah, I go "helmet deaf" sometimes too... Mostly though when I am at a redlight and someone yells, "do a wheelie" or "smoke the tire" or some other 'tarded shit....
Man that shit gets old..."do a wheelie dude" I freakin hate that crap...see that's the damn perception people have of us, that we all ride 100 mph wheelies on the interstate and from redlight to redlight.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Originally posted by trashmonkey

Man that shit gets old..."do a wheelie dude" I freakin hate that crap...see that's the damn perception people have of us, that we all ride 100 mph wheelies on the interstate and from redlight to redlight.

I thought we did? Damn I better stop [xx(]

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
Just the other day I had two "playas" in a cage yell over to me at a stop light, "Light it up". I played helmet deaf, but cracked my visor. He repeated himself and I looked over and gave a little [:M42] jesture. You know he was thinking "What a loser", but then again, I was thinking the same thing.[:M31]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Just got back from the best place in the world Taco Bell LOL and got asked if it was a suzuki and then asked by another guy if it was an 1100 LMAO I love it...I got a bigger bike for a smaller price and didn't even know it [:p]

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just a story about the "helmet deaf" subject. I got cussed out one night at a red light by a truck full of guys because I really couldnt hear them over the hum of my d&d on my last bike. They started flipping me off and yelling crap at me just because I didnt converse with them. Needless to say I did ride wheelies from red light to red light after that just to impress all the chicks in the truck with them who were staring the whole time anyhow while they were acting like a bunch of tards... I always love the look I get when I tell somebody its a 600 and I have yet to meet somebody who had a clue what I was really riding.

·
Registered
54 Posts
1 for ya,
Got an 87 YSR50 and had a harDley rider ask me 'what the hell is that and how fast will it go?' Told him about 150 and ask if he wanted to race. He said 'not if it's that fast'. The light turned green and I watchd the stupid look on his face as I pulled away from the light with a whoppin 7.5 HP and a top speed of about 50.
Just wanted to add that it now sports a Yam WR200 w/about 35 HP. Top speed unknown at this point.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'm a lifeguard and while sitting on my tower today I had a little kid at Bethune Beach walk around my bike telling the rest of his 11 year old crew, "Man, that's a Suzuki Hayabusa. Yeah, that's a Suzuki Hayabusa", in a very matter of fact, thugged out tone. I personally thought the all caps black KAWASAKI on the gas tank was a dead give away. I chuckled as one his peeps pointed to it and told him it was in fact not a Suzuki, but a Kawasaki. It was almost the best part of the day.:D (I got a perfect view of the Space Shuttle launch from the beach, being only 30 miles north of the launch pad[8D])

·
Registered
50 Posts
Two stories for me: First one pissed me off, some kid and his group of friends were walking out of Subway and I could here them wow look at that, it must be an R1. Then some bastard kid decided to sit on it. "O hell no" as i said loudly in Subway. Walked outside and ask him "What the F are you doing?" Him and his friends hopped along to a car and took off. I got heated but didn't feel like chasing them as I had more important things to do. 2nd is I was at Taco Bell(sounds like I eat a lot but it was different days) and some guy at a gas station across the street saw me pull up to TB, and decided to come take a look at my bike. He gets off his and I'm like "OMG a Hayabusa", and he walks around it looking at various things and finally he comes in, orders an Ice water, drinks it, goes back outside looks at it again for a couple of minutes. Takes off and ends up at the same gas station he pulled out of. So maybe he just thought the KAWI looked cool and was jealous.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have had people ask me what size my 06 ZZR was as well. Some people just CANNOT tell the difference between any sport bikes. People who aren't into them see them all the same. You can park a zzr beside a gsxr and some people think they are the exact same bike!!!

As for people comparing it to the ZX14, i think that they are thinking that our ZZR600 is the ZX12R from a few years ago. Same color, same fairings etc, but a 1200. Take a look at them and you can see that to the untrained eye, the ZX12R and the 2006 ZZR600 are very similar looking. To us, people who own one of these, we can tell the difference right away, but for someone not into Kawi's or motorcycles all that much, these two different breeds look similar

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
i have these lil kids in my neighborhood with those chopper lookin bicycles that always come annoy me when im workin on my bike.
kid:hey nice hawwwleey
me:its not a harley
kid:what is it?
me:kawasaki ninja its one of those fast bikes not the ones that just make noise.(smiling)
kid:how fast does it go?
me:about 170
kid:wow thats fast but i bet that thing does 200.(pointing to my super pocketbike)
me:no that does about 50.
kid:you should get a r1.you know they are the fastest bikes.
me:eek:k go ask your dad to buy one.
kid:walks in my garage climbs on my pocketbike barely touchin his feet to the ground.
me:get off that i didnt say you could touch that.
kid:no
me:thats it get the hell outta here your botherin me and you dont listen.wheres your dad at?
kid:you dont like me
me:well get on your haawwleeey and go tell your dad to come talk to me then.
this was like the 5th time these kids would come bother me so its not like i was mean but those lil bastards have no respect.anyways thought id share.dad never came to talk to me.i guess he knows his son is a lil brat.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
yea, i get the do a burn out, or do a wheelie all the time. I either act like i cant hear them, or just shake my head and look straight ahead

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
Had another one at a gas station this past week. I was filling up and this kid (maybe 19) came over to me saying how beautiful my bike was. He said the only one he's seen that was "prettier" was some Honda CBR 9-something or other- RR, "and that was my brother's". Great... He says how he's never seen one that color before, to which I responded "Hmmm, that's intersting because this is the Kawi factory color." So now I know the kid is just blabbing, but it gets better. He tells me he has this car, and i ask what he has. Acura RSX Type S. I say, I like those and I was going to buy one, but they are too small for me. He says, "yeah mine looks like a fast and the furious car"... now I know he's really full of shit, so I start getting tired of the conversation and want to leave.
He goes on to tell me how my put $100,000 into it altogether blah, blah, blah. Asks if his car can give my bike a run for it's money. I was glad he at least phrased it that my bike would still win, but I said quickly and bluntly "No." He protests and I have the power to weight ration conversation, but quickly turn to "Well I gotta go. Thanks for the compliments, and have fun with your car."

What a tool kid....[:p]

·
Registered
86 Posts
Funniest one I've had so far... I was cruisin at about 60-70ish (I'm in the left lane) and came across this dude in a gangstered out 80's model Toyota Corolla. I guess he didnt like the fact that I was cruising faster then he was so he revvs it and drops back a little. Then nails it if you can even call it that and passes me (hes in the right lane). Well I just laughed and stayed cruisin at my speed. 2 lights later he was pulled over in a gas station by 2 cops. I rode by laughin so damn hard. :D

·
Banned
84 Posts
Originally posted by wydetire
To us, people who own one of these, we can tell the difference right away, but for someone not into Kawi's or motorcycles all that much, these two different breeds look similar
To be honest, every so often I'll mistake an older 9R for a 6R. The bikes look identical except for the graphics/color, small differences on the side fairings and a few other things.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.