Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just settled into my hotel a little while ago...got the internet up and running...not to jinx anything, but I've had one of those days where it's like god opens up the sky and parts the water or whatever, if you believe in that sort of thing.

I was worried about getting all my stuff through TPA/DFW/SFO airports with my sprained knee, and worried about getting the rental car because I'm 23 and haven't rented before and only have a Visa check card that I use, not a credit card...

Anyway when I got to SFO a man saw me struggling with my luggage and came up and pretty much carried everything for me all the way to the SkyTrain to the rental car lot, then some lady on the same sky train car as me saw and carried my stuff all the way to the pickup point for the rental shuttle.

Then at the rental place, I had reserved a little Hyundai whatever...the smallest car available...because I have that stupidly huge underaged driver penalty thing...well the guy at the counter waived the underaged penalty and upgraded my car so that I still paid them the same amount of money, but I get to drive around a better car. So I'm like, "That's cool, what do I get?" ... Well, I'm driving around a 2006 Mustang convertible with all the options...the 500 watt sound system, power everything, 6 disc cd/mp3 changer...for the price I would have paid for a Hyundai POS.

And MotoGP is going to be HUGE this year. Just on my one flight from Tampa to Dallas, and Dallas to San Francisco, I met four separate people who were also going to MotoGP. It's going to be a huge turnout. I'm so excited...

So anyone in the San Jose area, PM me or whatever...I'm here by myself until Saturday, and I sorta want to go out...so hit me up.

Edit: I almost forgot the most important part about my day. On 101 from SF to my hotel in SJ there was this truckload (literally...some old bronco or whatever) FULL of HOT chicks...and they started up a conversation with me in the gridlock...so I had a pleasant conversation with some hotties to take my mind off traffic. =)

·
Premium Member
5,830 Posts
Did you remember to lock the doors?

Awesome man! Have a great time. I wish I were there (I've never even been to Cali). Maybe next year.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Congrats! i made it last year but not this year, will definetly go next year. Have fun and bring cash because you will want to buy shit just walking around the vendor.

·
Registered
622 Posts
i say we ban dragknt & any1 else that post about motoGP over the weekend[:M53] we all hate you! damn, which of the deadly sins is ENVY?[:I][:I]

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by 2k6r520
Congrats! i made it last year but not this year, will definetly go next year. Have fun and bring cash because you will want to buy shit just walking around the vendor.
Yeah, I dropped like $200 today when I went into the souvenier shop and Ducati Island, and I was just planning on buying a t-shirt or two. hehe

I've been posting pics up on another thread I have, 'pictures from motogp practice', but I added a few pics from today's qualifying too rather than just starting a new thread. I have an ass load of pics that I haven't gotten around to resizing (I don't think the server would like it too much if I uploaded 300 3000x2000 raw jpegs)...but I'm working on it. Might not be until Monday, though...because I'm super busy with all the race weekend stuff here.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Buy me a motoGP event shirt, size MED in black or white Short and long sleeve, I will paypal you the money for sure! PLEASE

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hey Luke did you watch me do the parade lap? That lap was EFFIN AWESOME!! I wanted to open up soooo much on turn three and four, but the CHP guys would of screwed me.[xx(] But yeah my bad I didn't get to chill with you today, my phone ended up dying on me like five minutes after we talked. Tommorrow is gonna be one hell of a day!!! I'll talk to you tommorrow at Laguna.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.