Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how big are your nuts?

haha j/k, i got a nail in my back tire today and i will be taking the wheel off tomorrow to have it changed at cycle gear after work. i got the road hazard warranty so no problems there. the problem is i can't remember what size the back axle nut is and all of my tools are work. i will be bringing what i need home with me. from what i remember, all i will need is some pliers to bend the cotter pin and a wrench to take the axle nut off correct? if anyone knows what size the nut is so i only have to bring one wrench, would be fantastic. this way i won't have to bring my whole tool box home and i can know for sure if i even have the right size and i don't want to be making multiple trips to work because traffic is going to be ridiculous with all of this black friday bull shit.

TIA

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
how big are your nuts?

haha j/k, i got a nail in my back tire today and i will be taking the wheel off tomorrow to have it changed at cycle gear after work. i got the road hazard warranty so no problems there. the problem is i can't remember what size the back axle nut is and all of my tools are work. i will be bringing what i need home with me. from what i remember, all i will need is some pliers to bend the cotter pin and a wrench to take the axle nut off correct? if anyone knows what size the nut is so i only have to bring one wrench, would be fantastic. this way i won't have to bring my whole tool box home and i can know for sure if i even have the right size and i don't want to be making multiple trips to work because traffic is going to be ridiculous with all of this black friday bull shit.

TIA
I've always just used a big crescent wrench.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i guess i could that also. didn't cross my mind. thanks for the insight

·
Registered
706 Posts
also dont forget bout 2 12mm for the chain alingment nuts and bolts. And i think its what a 32mm bolt..dont quote me tho.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also dont forget bout 2 12mm for the chain alingment nuts and bolts. And i think its what a 32mm bolt..dont quote me tho.
i shouldn't need to adjust the chain or alignment, i'm just getting the tire changed out. from what i remember i should be able to just leave those alone then tighten everything back up when i'm done

·
Registered
114 Posts
u shouldnt need the 12mm for chain adjusters unless u decide to adjust the chain lol. i believe it is a 32mm also but dont hold me to it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
well to remove the rear wheel dont you have to loosen the chain tighteners so you can slip the chain over the sprocket? If not i'm doing something wrong then.

·
Registered
706 Posts
ahah you know what i never did it that way, i always loosened the axel, then loosened the chain adjusters pulled the chain off the sprocket, then pulled the axel out..wow i feel like an idiot, i think of all the times i've done that on all the bikes i've owned...could have been riding sooner...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah you definitely don't have to touch the chain adjusters. i used a big crescent wrench to get it off. i really need to get a torque wrench. i just tightened back to what i think it felt like when i took it off, but it wasn't torqued to spec the last time it was put on. last time i got lucky and bought a tire from a shop and they offered to put it on for free, i watched him do it and he just used a big open end wrench.

i had tightened it to where i could see the hole to put my cotter pin, but i tried to spin the wheel and it felt like it was too tight and binding, so i loosened until the next slot in the nut and it felt better, the cotter pin is in so the nut won't come off, i just worry about everything not being torqued exactly right.

·
Registered
381 Posts
94 lbs, find a kid about 100 lbs and let him or her stand on it j/k LOL, sprokets are 43lbs, front axle is 94 also

1 - 13 of 13 Posts