Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome aboard.
I'd go with a 600(or in this case 636) for the track as well. The lighter weight makes it great at cornering, and when you start beating people on the bigger bikes you can laugh at em :D

The extra 36cc's in the Kawi make it a nice choice on the track, as long as your not restriced to under 600cc's. The yami is great too, but the last generation had a really nervous front end that liked to tuck in and lowside ya.
It may be fixed on the 03, but you'd know better then us since you have one :)

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Welcome to the board, Kiddo. I agree that you should stick with the 6's for the track, at least until you get more comfortable, before going to a larger bike, should that be what you are looking for.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yep....just another newb.

Ridin' an R6 at the moument. Traded my '02 for an '03. My pawps has an '01 R1 and a cruiser. Born and breed in ridin'. It's in da blood.

Saw the '03 636 and fell in luv. Talk about a big change is styling. Considering buying and making this my track bike. Either this or a 954. But I've only been riding for about 4 yrs (23yrs.old now), so I still tend to make newb mistakes on the track. Litre bikes, hard 3rd gear corners, and newb mistakes don't mix well.

So until I get better at the track, I think I'll stick to the 6s.

I'm done.....

btw..nice board. I've been reading alot here, so I know which members are the smartasses, who can actually help, and who's full of hot air.

I'm KidR6 over here
http://pub114.ezboard.com/byamahar6messagenet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.