Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm in sayvile, and by far the best road that I have found is Swamp Road and Stephen Hands Path, out in Sag Harbor. Not a single cop, very few driveways, and wide sweepers. I don't know what it's like during the week, but as with most roads, early sunday mornings are the best.;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Does any one in LI,5 boroughs,or westchester ride on any backroads with nice twisties or sweepers.If so ,I am interested in hooking up to ride.The only nice run that I know of is the one to Bear Mountain.Everyone in the metro area be free to post their favorite roads. Peace,keep both wheels down

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have to check those roads out ninjarider. I think I have been on swamp road before but I don't know the other.

------

Rubber side down, One wheel up!!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah, it's basically the same thing, but with slightly more traffic. haven't been down it too many times, but again, I highly doubt there is a police presence on those roads. if I had sliders, i could put a knee down on some of those turns. its one of those roads that as soon as you come to the end, you turn right back around and do it again. oh and if you need directions i can tell you how to get there. but if you do go, not that you would, but don't be an asshole and rip up and down there all day? i'd hate to have the cops be there one day. ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'll save the rippin up for the parkways late at night!! Maybe we could meet up one weekend and go for a ride. I'm always looking for new/more people to ride with:)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Originally posted by redline2001

Does any one in LI,5 boroughs,or westchester ride on any backroads with nice twisties or sweepers.If so ,I am interested in hooking up to ride.The only nice run that I know of is the one to Bear Mountain.Everyone in the metro area be free to post their favorite roads. Peace,keep both wheels down
Red,
I live in Rockland County. The roads surrounding Bear Mountain are incredible. Have you ever been to Hawk's Nest? It's in Port Jervis. The roads up there are phenominal. Very little traffic, great road conditions, and beautiful scenery. Rt.17A by Sterling Forest(Ski resort..if you want to call it that)is ridiculous. Very tight and twisty running up along the mountain. RT. 9W in West Point is silly. Rt. 293 is amazing. Most people open their bikes up on this road. Very long straights and long sweepers. Rt.218 is also really nice.. VERY tight and twisty..running up along a mountain with a sick view at the top...def worth checking out..Also, Rt. 301 is probably the best road near the park. I am in Bear Mountain at least twice a week and the surrounding roads. They're my stomping grounds. If you want to ride, just ask. How many times have you been up to Bear Mountain?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hotbag I've been to Bear Mountain about 3 times.I live on the Nassau/Queens border, and I usually ride at night on the weeek days and anytime on the weekends.What times do you ride.

·
Registered
443 Posts

Hotbag I've been to Bear Mountain about 3 times.I live on the Nassau/Queens border, and I usually ride at night on the weeek days and anytime on the weekends.What times do you ride.
i ride the same as you. every chance i get. if i do an all day thing, it's on sunday. did you ever go to Marcus Dairy in Danbury Connecticut? the roads heading up that way are insanely insane :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hotbag I have never been to Marcus Dairy in CT.It seems like you know all the roads, we definitely have to hook up and ride one of these days.

·
Registered
443 Posts

Hotbag I have never been to Marcus Dairy in CT.It seems like you know all the roads, we definitely have to hook up and ride one of these days.
yeah..i've been riding these roads for a few years. I would be more than happy to show you around. In fact, I was at the Dairy this afternoon. The place was packed. Good stuff.

Email me or catch me on AOL IM.

·
Registered
545 Posts
We were up 17a, Seven Lakes Road and Route 6 this Sunday... sweeet riding (except the road up to the tower in Bear Mtn. [xx(])

If anyone wants to meet up just fire off an e-mail this way.

BTW, 17a betw. Greenwood Lake and Sterling Ski Area has to be one of the sickest roads I've come across yet (and I think the posted speeed was 55 !!).... Hawks Nest burned down or something recently... that road is OK until you hit the turns on the cliff but 17a takes the cake.

·
Registered
14 Posts
All of us should meet up some time . I ride 9W and 218 almost every day . A guy died on 9W yesterday , he hit the wall :(. 17a is cool , hawks nest is cool also . When you go past the hawks nest there are some really nice high speed roads going back towards 211. Maybe I have seen some of you at Bear Mtn or on 218 ? I have a black 636 and wear green gear .

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I'm down to ride once I get my back tire which should be here in about a week. I live in the Bronx and love to get out of the city for some nice roads. I've never been up to bear mtn. so next time you guys go give ne a buzz.
I've thrown up my number here a couple of times so if you guys don't already have it it's 917-974-1621.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I've posted it up before and haven't had any probs.

I'm probably sicker than any of you cats out there anyway. hehehe

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hotbag,I emailed you about a week ago,and i am still waiting to hear from you.For Kawi99636 and the others that ride Bear Mt,and the other roads up there; we should all just pick a weekend to meet because the summer is quickly passing

·
Registered
14 Posts

Hotbag,I emailed you about a week ago,and i am still waiting to hear from you.For Kawi99636 and the others that ride Bear Mt,and the other roads up there; we should all just pick a weekend to meet because the summer is quickly passing
I'll meet up with you guys next weekend if its nice (weather). Set a time and place ... I'm free all day Saturdays and Sundays .

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
1: Start out going Northwest on W 42ND ST toward 8TH AVE. 0.77 miles
2: Turn RIGHT onto W SIDE HWY/ NY-9A N/ 12TH AVE. Continue to follow NY-9A N. 6.33 miles
3: Take the I-95 exit- exit number 14- toward GEO WASHINGTON BR/ CROSS BRONX EXPWY/ W 178 ST. 0.34 miles
4: Merge onto I-95 S/ US-9 S toward G W BRIDGE/ NEW JERSEY/ UPPER LEVEL. 1.37 miles
5: Take the PALISADES PARKWAY exit. 0.60 miles
6: Merge onto PALISADES INTERSTATE PKWY N. 34.45 miles
7: Take the exit- exit number 19- toward PERKINS MEM DR/ BEAR MTN PK. 0.21 miles
8: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto SEVEN LAKES DR/ SEVEN LAKES PKWY.

These are the directions on how to get there from times square.(picked that since its the center of the city). Looks like the biggest stretch is on the Palisades. I don't know these roads much so if someone is familiar with them can we meet somewhere easily identifiable for all of us?
I propose saturday at 10am or sunday at the same time.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.