Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a couple of bullshit tickets by some cocksucking cops with a hard-on for bikers. I wont go into details on these but just wanted everyone to know about this stupid fucking law that the stupid fucking state of NY has to suck every last penny out of our pockets.

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/drp.htm

http://www.newyorkcriminalattorneybl...sibilit_1.html

So I just got slipped a nice $450 bill.
Fuck you NY. I'm glad I'm the fuck out of you.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Don't stupid shit and you won't have to pay mad money.

New York isn't the only state with laws like that and I'll just say it this way $450 is cheap.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Been there, done that. I've paid it all already. Sucked pretty bad having to pay every year. But i havent gotten a ticket since. So i suppose it helped.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't stupid shit and you won't have to pay mad money.
Stop #1
passed a volvo while he was doing 35mph. the driver of said volvo was an off duty cop going to work who decided on that fine Sunday morning that it was his responsibility to chase me down and give me 4 tickets.
-44 mph on a 35.
-passing him.
-supposedly passing the car behind him.
-passing on double yellow.

(netted 5 points for speeding and crossing yellow)

Stop #2
NYC crackdown on bikes. if you haven't heard of it then you aren't from the city. I was merging just like everyone else onto an on-ramp and was stopped. Since all my papers were in order they had nothing to bust me for except for "improper passing". Improper fucking passing when there are 20 other cars merging onto this on-ramp doing the same thing?

(net 3 points)

I hardly call my offenses doing "stupid shit".

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
passed a volvo while he was doing 35mph. the driver of said volvo was an off duty cop going to work who decided on that fine Sunday morning that it was his responsibility to chase me down and give me 4 tickets.

no offense, but i'm not quite sure i would stop for someone in a volvo. unless they had lights and other police markings on it. but just a pissed off dude who happens to be an off-duty LEO driving it? nope. he's gonna have to mail me my ticket. sorry...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sweet, another crack-pot scheme to pull in money for the state. Hope it doesn't cross the border to dirty Jersey.

Cyberdos said:
-passing on double yellow.
a.k.a. stupid shit, even if it did interrupt a good Sunday morning blast. Can't say i haven't done the same when someone is doing 10 under posted, but hey, you got caught that time. :dunno:

·
Registered
215 Posts
man, that suuuuuuucks. time to move!

but how and why did you pull over if he was in a volvo?? :confused:

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
yeah, when i picked up one of those when I got 2 speeding tickets in one day in my car (82 in a 55 the first time and 90 in a 55 the second time... you would think I freakin learned the first time!)

but yeah, the letter said if I get another ticket in the next 6 months it would be an additional $500, and if it has anything to do with alcohol, count on a $1500 fine... crazy shit

·
Registered
802 Posts
And they wonder why people try and run. Fugging shitbags. It's about money not safety. Luckly it's not here in Quebec but in Ontario if you go 150km/h + then your automatically charge on the spot for "Street Racing" and they impound your vehicle for a month on the spot, no trial, no nothing. I'm going to personally wreck havoc on our transport ministers life if that law ever comes here. Over 200 then maybe but 150(95) is so slow.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Wow I thought kalifornia was bad...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Last year my sister got her 2nd speeding ticket in her car going back to Vermont just on this side of the border. If she would've waited like 6 more days to mail the ticket/fine in, she would've avoided the extra $450 fine that came in the mail a bit later. We didn't know about the 18 month period though, so if you get a 2nd ticket and it's close wait a bit, because it goes by when the fine is paid, fyi.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Behavior Tax- Texass

Driver Responsibility Law

Points system
The Driver Responsibility law (TRC § 708; Article 10, House Bill 3588, 78th Legislative Session) establishes a system which assigns points to moving violations classified as Class C misdemeanors and applies surcharges to offenders, based upon the type of offense and the time period in which the citation was received. For each conviction, DPS will assign points to a person’s driver record as follows:

* Two points for a moving violation conviction in Texas or that of another state. Moving violations are defined by 37 TEX. ADMIN. CODE §15.89, which includes a list of those violations that will be assigned points.
* Points will not be assigned for speeding less than 10% over the posted limit or for seat belt convictions.
* Child Safety Seat Violations will accrue two points.
* Three points for a moving violation conviction in Texas that resulted in a vehicle crash.

Points accrued remain on the driver record for a period of three years from conviction date. An offense committed prior to September 1, 2003 will not apply to the assessment of points under the program.

Points surcharge
DPS will assess a surcharge when the driver accumulates a total of six points or more on their record during a three-year period. The surcharge assessment will be reviewed annually. If driver record continues to reflect six or more points during the prior three-year period, the surcharge will be assessed. Therefore, drivers may be required to pay for one or more years if six or more points continue to accumulate on the driver record. The driver is required to pay a $100 surcharge for the first six points and $25 for each additional point. Point surcharges are cumulative and may vary with each annual assessment if convictions are added or removed from the driver record.

Annual surcharge for certain convictions
Drivers who receive a conviction for any of the following offenses that occur on or after September 1, 2003 are required to pay an annual surcharge for three years from the date of conviction.

* Driving While Intoxicated (DWI), or a DWI-related offense
o First Conviction - $1,000 annual surcharge
o Second or subsequent Conviction - $1,500 annual surcharge
o DWI with Blood Alcohol Content .16 or greater - $2,000 annual surcharge
* Failure to Maintain Financial Responsibility
o $250 annual surcharge
* Driving While License Invalid
o $250 annual surcharge
* Driving without a Valid License (i.e.; No Driver License, No Commercial Driver License, No Endorsement Violation, No Motorcycle License, Operate with License for other Class Vehicle).
o $100 annual surcharge

Surcharges, which are cumulative, are automatically assessed for these convictions and do not accrue points. Therefore, an initial conviction for DWI will be assessed $1000 annually, and a subsequent DWI conviction within the same three-year period will be assessed an additional $1500 annually.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/driver_licensing_control/drp/drp.htm

Luckily I've Not been convicted of a ticket in over 15 years now!

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,947 Posts
I got a couple of bullshit tickets by some cocksucking cops with a hard-on for bikers. I wont go into details on these but just wanted everyone to know about this stupid fucking law that the stupid fucking state of NY has to suck every last penny out of our pockets.

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/drp.htm

http://www.newyorkcriminalattorneybl...sibilit_1.html

So I just got slipped a nice $450 bill.
Fuck you NY. I'm glad I'm the fuck out of you.
welcome to the group. Michigan has this identical law, except our points cost $50 per year over 6 points. I've thankfully not had to pay any of these fees yet, but a buddy got a DUI a few years back and it ended up costing him over $4k in fees and fines.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Man, luckily I haven't gotten any tickets in NY **Knock on Wood**; but that just seems crazy harsh. While the principle is there to make the roadways safer, just seems a bit much. As if our insurance premiums, DMV fees, and cost of living didn't already suck in NY...

·
Registered
283 Posts
yeah happen to me too, i love how you pay a fine for the ticket and then they add on the addittional fee as a nice little bonus

1 - 20 of 21 Posts