Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a Two Brothers Racing end can for my 2011 ER6N and included in the sale was a O2/Lambda sensor bypass relay but recently I've read mixed reviews online. Some people say they're safe to use and others say that they would prefer just to weld a new bung in and keep the sensor connected.

I'm wondering what peoples thoughts were? If anyone has had experience with using the bypass relay or welding a new bung into the exhaust.

Also where would I buy the bit that needs welding into the exhaust so I don't have to change the plug end on the bike?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
IMO keeping the O2 sensor would be more economical because if you use the bypass, you should also use a AF controller (twobros juicebox, dynojet..etc).
Without the controller the AF ratios might be off and cause you to run leaner and risk cooking your pistons.
So your options are to keep the O2 by welding/non-welding options, bypass it with a AF controller or risk it without the controller.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMO keeping the O2 sensor would be more economical because if you use the bypass, you should also use a AF controller (twobros juicebox, dynojet..etc).
Without the controller the AF ratios might be off and cause you to run leaner and risk cooking your pistons.
So your options are to keep the O2 by welding/non-welding options, bypass it with a AF controller or risk it without the controller.
Thanks for your help buddy. I've got the O2 bypass relay but do I still run the risk of cooking the pistons, or doing any further damage to the bike?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts