Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So has anyone heard anything on the 07's ? will there be any changes? I think that the gixxer will have something new out? Just wondering if it would be better to wait for the 07?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Originally posted by eimajnacnud
Should be new litre bikes from everyone except kawi. Hopefully they do update the '06's looks though (Yuck).
I understand that the gixxer will be a carry over as well.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I for one like the the 10r as it is, the only thing is i really hope they dont make the new R1 look like the R6...that thing is insulting...4 of them came into my dealer here, 3 are left sitting there, and the other one is over in the used section...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dear Fellow Kawasaki Enthusiasts

I like the 2006 design, at least based on the images I've seen. I've never seen an '06 ZX10R in person.

Isn't there a trend toward the smaller, stubby exhausts that extend just a little off to one side just behind the pegs?

I think I'm pretty close to asking my wife if we can get a ZX10R. The last bike we had was a '94 Nighthawk 750 back in '94. I had a 1988 Ninja 600 back in '88 and '89 and really loved it.

May I assume that Kawasaki will offer the ZX10R in 2007 with some sort of Kawasaki-racing-green color scheme?

By the way, if there are any ZX10R owners near Buford, Georgia, who'd give me a short and safe ride on this bike, I'd be glad to give the offering owner studio-quality images of his or her bike!

Sincerely,
Jaddie

·
Registered
536 Posts
Originally posted by 2KZX-9

I understand that the gixxer will be a carry over as well.
Nope...new design. 600 and 750 will be the same but the 1000 will be new.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Originally posted by DDJFLW

Nope...new design. 600 and 750 will be the same but the 1000 will be new.
That's cool! Where did you hear this? I thought they were just getting new colors and maybe a new exhaust, but were going to be the same otherwise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh oh.. well id better hang on a bit for sure.. I did know that the gixxer was going to be all new.. at least thats what i read in a mag where the gixxer 750 had top spot and they said wait till the 1000 comes out next year..

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Here's the break down.

Kawi

07 636-new
07 ZX-10-same

Suzuki
07 600-same
07 750-same
07 1000-new

Yamaha
07 R6-same
07 R1-new

Honda
07 600-new
07 1000-same
I'm unsure about the Honda's. Its hard to tell what year the bike is.

·
Registered
554 Posts
F the new suzuki 1000. I bet that R1 is going to be the shit. The R1 hasn't seen new in 5 years and is still competitive. I can't wait to see the new one. and or race it when the time comes.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Originally posted by pmason718
Here's the break down.

Kawi

07 636-new
07 ZX-10-same

Suzuki
07 600-same
07 750-same
07 1000-new

Yamaha
07 R6-same
07 R1-new

Honda
07 600-new
07 1000-same
I'm unsure about the Honda's. Its hard to tell what year the bike is.
Pretty much on the money except i think the Hondas gonna be the same.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Originally posted by heith
F the new suzuki 1000. I bet that R1 is going to be the shit. The R1 hasn't seen new in 5 years and is still competitive. I can't wait to see the new one. and or race it when the time comes.
It was completely revamped in 2004.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yea Kawi needs to make some improvements on the looks of the 2006 10R. I can't wait to see how the new 636 looks and performs.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I actually like the new ZX-10 but I'm not to crazy about the colors. For the 07 I would love it if Kawi made the ZX-10 in that ZX-14 red.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Originally posted by JASONZX6R6R
You know what would be realy nice is if kawai went back to the 04-05 body style in 07[:p]
Well maybe not go back as such, but at least improve the looks so it's not the ugliest of all the modern sportbikes out there. And thankfully they got rid of that flat pastel looking like I ate too many orange creamsicles shit orange.

It baffles me that a company completely turns it's image around with their litre class sportbike and then sullies it with the next model. I wonder how many sales they lost with the new 10 doing this. I'm just glad i'm not brand loyal 'cause unless kawi seriously improves the bike in looks and performance for '08, i'll be movin' on.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.