Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've been getting an odd stuttering, which seems to occur only at a constant throttle, especially in first and second gear. The RPMs seem to jump back and forth for a bar on the tach. Hard to explain in words but at a constant throttle it would seem something like OoOoOoO just back and forth rapidly. I was gonna take the whole bike apart this winter, and was wondering if anyone knew where I should hone in the search. I have a power commander in there, and used one of the database maps, I dont know if that might have anything to do with it. Thanks

Richie

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Try setting the TPS in the power commander. Could also try resetting the power commander back to factory. I believe you go into options, then press cntrl-R and you will see a button appear to reset it back to factory specs.

Also, have you gotten gas from a new spot lately? Could be some crap gas.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to try that with the power commander. But then the question becomes, if that solves the problem, does the PC become worthless until I can get it professionally mapped?
And I highly doubt its the gas, its been through a couple tanks, and I always fill up at mobil or shell or those kind of places, I dont really trust the local kind of companies.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
mine started in 6th at constant speed on the interstate. figured it was bad gas, cleaned the tank and it went away. 1 week later it done it again on the same interstate in 6th constant speed (bout90). i haven't cleaned the tank this time but i've run 3 tanks thru it since then. every now and then it will do it under hard exceleration. i'm still hoping on water in the gas. (again) but it's like someone hitting the kill switch OFF-ON, OFF-ON, OFF-ON while i'm holding the throttle steady. it sux ass but i'll figure it out.

·
Registered
891 Posts
sounds like an FP issue. Water in gas, first off, doesn't mix. Gasonline is lighter than water, so it would sit on top of it. If that were the case, you'd have either hydrolocked your engine, or twisted a rod... but you'd have to get to the water first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.