Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2000 zx-6r that I run in a old school race class and my stock M/C has since pooched itself. I have to run a M/C "design used during period" as stated in the class rules. I have contacted the race committee for a clarification on this, as I'm hoping I can switch to a radial brembo, but am unsure at the moment. So I'm looking for OE style alernatives

Does anybody have any options for me besides rebuilding the stock unit?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
445 Posts
I've got a 2000 zx-6r that I run in a old school race class and my stock M/C has since pooched itself. I have to run a M/C "design used during period" as stated in the class rules. I have contacted the race committee for a clarification on this, as I'm hoping I can switch to a radial brembo, but am unsure at the moment. So I'm looking for OE style alernatives

Does anybody have any options for me besides rebuilding the stock unit?

Thanks in advance

Is the factory one a cross pump style?

If so, you will not be allowed to switch to a radial style.

My suggestion would be to research and see if there is a better quality cross pump style available.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah talked with my race organization, must be non-radial style master. So new style Brembo is out.

I'm just gonna rebuild the stock master for now, as its kinda time sensitive right now. And I'll research a better axial style master for later, I read a Honda 929 is a 19mm axial compared to my stock 14mm. So might be an option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts