Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how many of you have run the OEM BT-014's for more than one track day. I just finished up my first day and had no problems with the BT-014's but I have another one coming up and would like to know who else has ran the 14's for more than one track day, and how many?

·
Registered
700 Posts
It seems that you were happy with them on the 1st trackday. You should have no problems with a 2nd trackday on the OE tires. So it shouldn't be a big deal.

·
Registered
634 Posts
^ absolutly, If you were happy with them and everything went great running them again won't be a problem. I see no need for looking for other tires for you for now. Just make sure your pressures are checked at cold temps yada yada.. and dont run the recomended psi yada yada yada

·
Registered
176 Posts
I ran 30 psi (front/rear) at Willow Springs when I took my '05 10R up on the stock Dunlop 218's. I think the OEM tires on my 636 are even better than the stockers on the 10R so I think I will be using them up at my next track day before spending $300 on new sticky rubber.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For reference here is a picture of my rear and front tire as they stand today. You think I got 2 more track days left on these?

I'm gonna try to do 1:30 - 1:35's at blackhawk farms (1.8 miles) mostly rights next time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Originally posted by bittersweetryan
For reference here is a picture of my rear and front tire as they stand today. You think I got 2 more track days left on these?

I'm gonna try to do 1:30 - 1:35's at blackhawk farms (1.8 miles) mostly rights next time.
Is that fast on that track? Ive never been so thats why im asking.To me the pics look like you got plenty of meat left, id run em, but like i said it all really comes down to how fast your moving as to whether oem's are gonna hold up.My best at willow is a 27 but that was on race tires ofcourse. Unless your some bad dog(which i am not)and can handle sliding everywhere. This is gonna sound crazy but i run 30/30 on the street. Im always canyon riding for the most part and were not cruising, were moving. i dont recommend it for others though. Definately the bt 14's have served me good so far and im a dunlop guy.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Racers do 1:12's - 1:14's Advanced riders do 1:20's Intermediates do 1:30 - 1:35's, and the fast beginners do 1:40's -1:45's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.