Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted them through Ebay about purchasing a set of rear swingarm slider spools and a set of front axle sliders and they told be they could sell me both sets for $35 plus $5.75 shipping so I paid for them through PayPal and they sent me an email saying they received my payment so the order would ship asap. The next day I got another email saying they couldn't sell both sets to me for that price and that they needed me to PayPal them another $10 so I replied to them saying they are the ones that gave me that price and that I've already paid for them so I would not be sending them any more money and they refunded my money though PayPal.

Very Poor sales/service, I called them and left a message to let them know that I wasn't happy with them but never got a response. They will never again get my business or referals. OES SUCKS!!!

If anyone is in the market for sliders or spools I recommend Shogun or Vortex

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I sent OES the same email and got a reply back today, nice to see they can reply to an email but not my phone call. below is their reply. From the reply they sent it shows what kind of low class company they are, they are the ones that quoted the wrong price and accepted payment so they should have sucked it up and ate the loss to earn a customer and future referals. It was never about the money it was about the fact that they quoted the wrong price and had the nerve to ask the customer for more money. Fellow Forum Members what are some of your thoughts?

*****Quote by OES*****
David,

I told you that price by mistake- I was trying to get back to you quickly and just made a simple mistake. That was not an advertised price or I would have sold it to you for that price. We are not the kind of company that thinks the customer is always right because sometimes they are wrong, just like you were in this instance. You were wrong to hold us acountable for quoting you the wrong price and you are wrong for blasting us on the forums. The transaction we had really lead me to understand how dishonest some people are. You knew the price of both items. Did you really think just because you bought them together that the price would drop down that low? The combined sets were discounted by $4.00 even after we asked you to pay $10 more. You're the kind of person that would feel like he was really ahead if a clerk accidentally gave you back a $20 instead of a $10, instead of being honest and pointing out the mistake. We're glad you think we suck because we think you suck too for being such a crybaby, a cheap crybaby that couldn't pony up $10.00 more for the absolute best products on the market for a reasonable price. We've had a very, very small amount of dissatisfied customers over the years, most of whom were just bullies that thought they could shove a company around just because they got away with it somewhere else. So David, I hope you let all your forum friends know that we offer great products at discount prices, but we won't be pushed around by people trying to get a steal on some parts.

PS: We are active on some forums and we will take the time to defend our company from people like you.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Wow, I judging from that letter, they are jackasses. They should have realized their mistake and gave it to you for that price if you already paid for it. If anything they should have just gave it to you but let you know that it was a mistake and would be sending it to you regardless.

Anyway, I actually just bought from OES accessories a set of frame sliders for my 06 zx636 and I have to say that I am impressed with the quality (delran), look (silver or black bracket), customization (angled or radius cut), and the quickness of the shipping (only 3 days). What's best is that they were also offset to make it a cut-less job. I just put them on and I'm happy with the look.

For me, OES was great, they responded to my email quickly (never tried calling them) although their yahoo schopping sight sucks and I didnt even know they sold front axel sliders. Here are the websites I'm talking about. I will probably buy from them for my next set because they are to me the cheapest yet most capable pair I've seen imo.

http://www.oesaccessories.com/index.html

http://yhst-76597159636985.stores.yahoo.net/index.html

A list of what they all sell
http://yhst-76597159636985.stores.yahoo.net/ind.html

I don't know why that yahoo sight is even still there. It's a terrible site. They need to make sure it's gone, becase their shopping and payment is still sent from yahoo shopping. It might be the easiest way to do the payments. Oh well. IMPROVE THE WEBSITE!

Has anyone esle bought OES stuff like silverbullet and I have?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just ordered frame slider/spool combos for my 07 zx6r and my brothers 600rr.
They were quick to respond with information regarding shipping and the tracking number. And, they did not charge me for a alignment tool that I ordered because I purchased two kits. Awesome prices for derlin sliders.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had not trouble when I bought my Frame Slider/Spool combo. I got a good price and they were shipped promptly. They are good quality and exactly as described.

But, I hate that you had trouble with them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
They were great to me and helped me with all the questions I had. Their shipping was quick and I thought that their prices were pretty good. Plus a friend of mine knows them. PS their sliders hold up really well in a crash.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OES quality and pricing is good I can't argue with that but if I take the time to ask for a combo price and pay for the items then get asked to pay more that shows me what kind of company they are. If I weren't so pissed off at them I'd buy all the slider sets for my new 08 ZX10R but instead I'm probably going with Shogun or Intuitive frame sliders, swingarm spools and axle sliders.

·
Registered
59 Posts
take the time to ask for a combo price? are you shitting me dude? what did that take-two minutes to try and save ten bucks. that means you would be making $300 an hour. nice work.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
take the time to ask for a combo price? are you shitting me dude? what did that take-two minutes to try and save ten bucks. that means you would be making $300 an hour. nice work.

No I'm not shitting you DUDE. It doesn't hurt to ask for a combo price or discount when your spending money, it's called being money smart. not all of us can go around buying shit at full price! I am married with a child so every buck I save is a buck I can spend on another part or accessory when the time comes. Only a moron would think it's a waste of time to spend 2 minutes to save ten bucks, I guess you don't care if you've got an extra ten bucks in you pocket but I do.

The point of this post is that I did ask for a combo price and they said ok, I paid what they told me then they asked for more. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE, THE END!!!

·
Registered
647 Posts
...........The point of this post is that I did ask for a combo price and they said ok, I paid what they told me then they asked for more. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE, THE END!!!
I'm with you on that, bud. They gave you a quote, they accepted your money so the deal was made and accepted by both parties. They just did not have enough integrity to honor the deal. If this was a big money deal, you could actually sue and you would win, so I think you have really good chances of PayPal coming through for you.

It's not about how much money was spent or about you being mad, it's about these guys backing out of a deal and trying to call you an asshole, when they are the ones who fucked up. PayPal will be on your side, bro. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm with you on that, bud. They gave you a quote, they accepted your money so the deal was made and accepted by both parties. They just did not have enough integrity to honor the deal. If this was a big money deal, you could actually sue and you would win, so I think you have really good chances of PayPal coming through for you.

It's not about how much money was spent or about you being mad, it's about these guys backing out of a deal and trying to call you an asshole, when they are the ones who fucked up. PayPal will be on your side, bro. Good luck.

For the record, OES refunded this "customer's" money immediately. We reserve the right to cancel transactions and return insufficient funds to buyers, even if it is our mistake. Nobody is perfect, and people do make mistakes. The lack of integrity was that of the buyer in this complaint. The price quoted was considerably lower than the discounted price and was clearly a mistake; anyone with integrity would have pointed out the mistake and payed the difference. Of course, men with integrity don't blame their money problems on their wife and child either, they simply work harder and take care of them before they buy motorcycle accessories, or motorcycles for that matter.

Noah Hendrix
OES
www.oesaccessories.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts