Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ima packin' up my game and Ima head out west... er, east.

I'm joining a racer friend of mine for my first track day tomorrow, in Spokane. For $175 I get track time with personal instruction, fuel, transportation across the state for myself and my bike (enclosed race trailer) and a shared room at the Hilton. Woot!

Hopefully I'll be back here Monday with some pictures and video. Wish me luck...

--------------

·
Registered
132 Posts
Whose gramma did you have to shoot for that, mate? I'd like to try Spokane sometime this summer, too.

C'mon out to the Ghetto Track (i.e. Pacific Raceways) for Adrenaline Freaks day June 20, btw! I'll have my new '03 there.

-------------------------
-=DRB=-
Mill Creek, WA U.S.A.
-------------------------

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, so it ended up a little over $200. Still a bargain, and no dead grammas.

What a farking blast. By early afternoon I had both knees and a toe down, my first time wearing pucks. 170 indicated on the straight, so if you factor the 14-tooth sprocket... maybe 155?

A guy timed a random lap in my last session... 1:51. I'm told that puts me in the top half of this year's WMRRA novices.

I definitely want to get onto Pacific. How much is the AF day? Who do I talk to? Crap... as if this hobby weren't expensive enough, already...

--------------

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by Rob Lee

We like our pics. Post the pics!
Yeah, what Rob said !!! (and by the way, I'm still waiting for ROB's pics... sigh...)

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took my video camera and digital still camera, but ended up with hardly any footage, and none of myself. Kind of a bummer, but I didn't want to ask anyone else to take time out of riding just to take pictures of me. One of my friends always makes videos of his track days and races, though, and he'll be at the next one I go to.

Bike on trailer

Close-up, note front tire "before"

2003 R6 with 200 miles. Time for track testing!

Mike getting his R1 ready

Front tire "after"

--------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.