Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

561 - 579 of 579 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Interesting article:

"How much power? Estimating a 16,000 rpm power peak...power will be in the vicinity of 240 to 245 hp. But power (unless you don’t have the usual amount) has become irrelevant. Races are won by the total system (engine, suitably flexible chassis, rider, electronics) that exists to keep tires in best-possible condition, start-to-finish".

It's gonna be hard but good luck KTM :smile2:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Looks like Kawasaki is putting their efforts and cash into World Superbike instead for 2017, after winning 3 out of the last 4 years with Sykes and Rea.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
Kawi bowed out of GP back in 2010, and while they wer ein there, they really didn't have their stuff together to make anything competitive. In the 990 days they were ok, but they were floundering in the 800 era and it showed. Probably WSBK is where they belong, they're at least a consistent contender there. They'd get their asses handed to them if they went back to GP.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
I am glad to see him healthy again...nothing more.

P.S. Seriously, wtf do the inject them with and they are all fine and throttle happy in a few days time ? Cement?!
Dani should have both of his collar bones coated with Adamantium....

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Awwwww, guess what!

Marquez can actually overtake at Valencia :surprise:

Too bad last year he decided to stay behind his boyfriend and protect him from Pedrosa.

I guess that anything else would be bad for their relationship...

It was pretty obvious already but if there is still anybody who thinks that last year's championship wasn't fixed, just watch this race and decide.

Take a look at the endless battle between two friends from the same country, Rossi and Iannone and compare that and dozens of other overtaking moves almost in every turn and compare with last year's :gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay::gay: parade when MM was a second faster and somehow couldn't pass JL...

I am happy that he didn't manage to catch up with him near the end of the race.

MotoGP can't handle even more DISGRACE :|

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
lol! I too thought of last years race while watching yesterday's. He closed down a 5 second lead, now maybe JL had some issues, but still MM had to 'work' to even get to the 2nd place where the gap was, so yeah, don't tell me he can't race and pass there. Sure it isn't the easiest of tracks to setup passes, but it can be done, if you're willing. I wonder if Rossi went to the awards show, IIRC he skipped last years show.

Everyone will be eyeing the test tomorrow, I in fact renewed my subscription so I could see some of it live. They were gonna cut it off yesterday, usually the full year subscription would go through the test but I guess Dorna's getting greedy....imagine that.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
well here we are.....

Currently in 10th but I think JL may be done for the day. Saw him in civi's and walking around. In morning session was higher up the order but even now he's only .6 away from first position which is held by Rossi.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
Vinales bike has a cool plane livery theme

Right now he is 3rd and .1 away from Rossi's top time....he's looking very impressive on the M1.....

edit that, as I posted that, he just topped Rossi's time...

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
well, this is certainly surprising...

JL is 3rd, over 50 laps completed, set on the GP16 .122 from Vinales on top. He took one lap on the GP17 bike. Obviously no comments from him or Ducati.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
well, this is certainly surprising...

JL is 3rd, over 50 laps completed, set on the GP16 .122 from Vinales on top. He took one lap on the GP17 bike. Obviously no comments from him or Ducati.
Interesting first day but I expected real GP17 action.

Admittedly JL looks good on his new bike and Rossi will not have it easy next season!

With Redding and Barbera just three tenths from the top it is way too early for conclusions 0:)

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Rossi talks Vinales and Marqenzo:

On the eve of the Rally du Monza, Valentino Rossi was a guest on the ‘Deejay Chiama Italy’
however, he did not shy away even from the more ‘technical’ questions, like those about his new teammate, Maverick Viñales.

“I didn’t choose him. Someone a bit older would have been better, like Pedrosa - he laughed – I thought I had a smaller problem, but instead, after the first tests I realised that it will be more or less the same.”

The reference was for Jorge Lorenzo, with whom he did not always have a rosy relationship (I think he means that Vinales is as fast as Lorenzo instead of an asshole here. Why start a war at this point? It's still 2016).

“With Lorenzo, our relationship deteriorated at the end of 2015. We had a rather heated argument and from there our relationship never really took off again - he recounts - But after the Valencia race, we embraced in the garage and he told me that he has always respected me. It was a nice moment.”

Only Marquez was missing from the list.

“Fortunately, he is not my teammate, but :gay: I think he demonstrated quite a few things with the end of the 2015 championship :gay: - was the dart thrown at Marc - We will have only a normal working relationship and one of mutual respect. As a rider, he is very good. He never gives up and he has riding skills typical of the new generation.”

Read more: MotoGP, Rossi: Viñales? I thought he would be a smaller problem | GPone.com MotoGP, Rossi: Viñales? I thought he would be a smaller problem | GPone.com

561 - 579 of 579 Posts