Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
9981 - 10000 of 10002 Posts

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
Do these recent tire problems indicate the Tire Wars could return? Not sure how I feel about that but it does suck that both Lorenzo and Bridgestone ruined that race.
Anyone but fucking Michelin! Fuck Dunlop may be better!

Recall back in 2012 Honda was the bike that hated the 'new' spec tyre that seemed to work for everyone. Now it's Yamaha's turn with that medicine. Recall Stoner whining about the tyre back then, BUT in all of his whining, he ultimately just had to suck it up and use it.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
Hasn't Bridgestone ruined a few races now, going back to last year?
Last year? Even farther! Shit Spies had Assen ruined in 2012 as well as Germany IIRC as a result of them as well. THink Bstone also fucked up a Donnington/Silverstone as well. Last year's Phillip Island was a fucking joke to watch. Mandatory bike change because we know the tyres won't last more than 10 laps. :rolleyes: way to go...

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
43,533 Posts
Lol my friends and I had a good laugh watching that interview

I didn't get to see the interview. Maybe it's on the MotoGP site. All I saw was Lorenzo jump as soon as the red lights came ON. He must have realized how that sounded because the quote of his I read didn't mention mosquitos. He just said he got distracted and made a huge mistake.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Bridgestone's contract ends this year. So things could get interesting. Though I would imagine they would just change suppliers to switch things up, not have multiple suppliers.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
New track and a suspect tyre company... This weekend could be a shitshow.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
JUST ANNOUNCED....

Race Direction in Motogp has just announced a new and improved starting light procedure. The new light assembly is to help alleviate any 'confusion' on the grid as to when to start. The new light array will be in place for this weekends race in Argentina.

Here is a pic.

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
43,533 Posts
Third straight win for Marquez

He carved his way from 7th to 2nd as if it was child's play. He sat behind Lorenzo knowing he could take him whenever he wanted. I knew when he came up he would be good but damn, he's making it look easy. I would like to see what he could do on Bradl's bike or even a Tech 3. I bet he could win consistently with it. He's easily a half second per lap faster than everybody...key word easily.

His little brother will be good too.

Anyone think it's possible Marquez could sweep?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

He has the goods but misfortune gets everyone.

I was hoping Rossi would more of a factor but he kept running wide.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
I think Rossi wasn't comfortable enough on that hard tire in the beginning. And then he was pushed wide by Bradl.

But his pace mid-race and on was good enough to beat Lorenzo and maybe challenge Pedrosa.

Those opening laps were crazy, and I really hoped the battles would last to the end.

·
Official n00b
17,453 Posts
I like these,

Pic 1) "oh damn, this is probably gonna hurt"
Pic 2) "hey, look at that flame"
Pic 3) looks like he's on fire

9981 - 10000 of 10002 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.