Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
43,548 Posts
Once again Moto3 was great stuff.

Once again Marquez qualifies on the pole a good .4 seconds ahead. Jorge will try to get out front but MM will watch and then get him.

·
Official n00b
17,453 Posts
Marquez takes it again!

Gawddamn kid is my age and has four consecutive wins in the MotoGP, what the hell have I done with my life so far?! :eek:hno:

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
The Kid seems unstoppable. Only way will be to get in front of him and mess with his head (like Casey), but it probably wouldn't even bother him.

Rossi in great form. Lorenzo in the worst spirits I've ever seen him in his interview. He hasn't looked that confused and depressed since Catalunya 09. I think he realizes his chances are diminishing.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
poor cal....hope the $$$$ is good

Spain MotoGP: Crutchlow: All this hard work for three sh*t laps | MotoGP News

He's as incredulous as I am. OK so Dovi gets 5th place finish, but is still 28 seconds down on the leader. That is NOT PROGRESS. Why the dumbasses at Ducati celebtrate a top 5 finish is beyond me, they are still incapable of winning or even getting near the podium. Dovi's 3rd place in Austin was 20 seconds down on the winner, and even Dani was 4 secs behind MM....so still 16 seconds behind 2nd place. And in that race you didn't have Jorge or Rossi up near there. If JL was still running that race, I double Dovi would have been on the box.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Stinks that the best Ducati can do is still almost a second off lead pack race pace. I understand teams that may not have full factory support being a little down on pace but this is supposed to be Ducati's best of the best. It is not even like it is just set up problems since it is every race.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stinks that the best Ducati can do is still almost a second off lead pack race pace. I understand teams that may not have full factory support being a little down on pace but this is supposed to be Ducati's best of the best. It is not even like it is just set up problems since it is every race.

It's not setup, it's more or less DESIGN. The bike is incapable of running a consistent fast pace for the whole race duration. In previous years it would eat the tyres too fast on hot / normal days. They're only chance was when it rained, because they're tyres lasted.

Everything on that bike was changed during Rossi's tenure with it. Even had a twin spar frame built for it which only made certain things worse. I don't know how Ducati managed to 'get it right' in the early years of 04-07, the bike was a decent one in 2006, Loris took it to 3rd place in the title race. 07 it WAS the beast worthy of a title which Stoner took it to, but even that year, if the bike was SO good, why wasn't Loris sharing the podium with Stoner every race? I still think a lot of Stoner's 2007 title was him and NOT as much the bike.

08-10 the bike development was so ass backwards it wasn't funny. Stoner was only managing to be competitive with it by overriding the bike and ignoring the issues. Ducati didn't listen to him at all, and chose to remain in their stubborn ways. Even he was saying the front end was a problem. 6yrs later it still is.

I don't know what solution there is for them. Probably with the level the Japanese manufacturers have risen to, Ducati may be outclassed in terms of development of every aspect. Chassis, electronics, engine. Certainly chassis I think is where the most confusion in Bologna is. The engine is pretty good, it's powerful, but the chassis takes it and fucks up delivery to the tyres which in turn destroys them prematurely.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
MM on a HO is UNBEATABLE. Even Rossi couldn't dice him up the way he did Stoner in '08.

Their only hope is to improve the Yamaha. It's clear that Marquez's style is dominant, but it also helps that the Honda has that grunt power. He made it look easy.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MM on a HO is UNBEATABLE. Even Rossi couldn't dice him up the way he did Stoner in '08.

Their only hope is to improve the Yamaha. It's clear that Marquez's style is dominant, but it also helps that the Honda has that grunt power. He made it look easy.
Even when Dani is fit, MM is making him look like a chump riding the same bike. I knew Rossi would not be able to dice with MM once he got past.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Even when Dani is fit, MM is making him look like a chump riding the same bike. I knew Rossi would not be able to dice with MM once he got past.
That is because currently no one can dice with MM. I think someone new is gonna have to come along to challenge him. I mean for qualifying there was almost as much gap between him and second as there was between 2-12.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts