Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, it beats seeing more of Andy in a bikini, doesn't it?

Ok guys and gals, lets see some rubber.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correction: My WHEELS AND SWINGARM ARE FILTHY. I took the pics right after a ride. Next time I'll be sure to clean it up so it's not such an eyesore.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
"Hey, it beats seeing more of Andy in a bikini, doesn't it?"

very funny...

anyhow here are some pics of my D207 chicken strips, and these were done on the street, no track time with them....I have new BT's on my bike now and the rear chicken strip looks about the same, but the front has alot more chicken strips since I think the profile on the BT010's are different than the D207's. And for the record I'm leaning the bike over farthur with the BT's since they seem some much more stable...

rear

[img=left]http://home.earthlink.net/~mak76/_images/rear207.JPG[/img=left]

front

[img=left]http://home.earthlink.net/~mak76/_images/front207.JPG[/img=left]

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
The pics didn't turn out so great but here goes.

Fron tire from the right, I'm a chicken

Front tire from the left, no chicken strips, though the picture doesn't really show it

Oh and those were done on the track, I ride soooo carefully on the street these days.
In April on my first track day I scraped both pegs and then lowsided on the right side. In the beginning of july my right peg finally touched again, and a week later I screwed up in the twisties. Two crashes on the right side and I have huge chicken strips on that side, even on the track.

I'm replacing my tires tomorrow, I could make lots of right turns still but try left and it slides way too easily.

But those Metzeler rennsport streetraces, which are harder than rs2 but softer than rs3, are abolutely amazing when compared to pilot sports. Even a no-skill noob like myself doesn't have to shit his pants when the tires slide, they're so soft in their transition between gripping and sliding. (I sound like a really bad ad for metz, I know, sorry, but I really LOVE those tires)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.