Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Powerhungry
37,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hahaha i love it when ppl say that..wtf!
i always get the "what is that, a 1000?"
"its a 636"
"oh its only a 6 huh?
haha
sometimes..i actually tell them....
but usually i ignore it completely.
.."just a 6"....like its a moped or something.....some ppl!!
poor uninformed ignorant ppl.
apparently if its not a 1000, its not fast.....

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Yeah, I hear ya. I get that too and it's always people who can't ride and don't know the potential of a 6. Depending on where I'm at, I'll take off like a drag race and know they're back there going [:0]

·
Registered
550 Posts
I had a similar encounter recently. My bike is bone stock, still has all the stickers and everything. He said "nice bike man, what size is that?" So I pointed at the glaring gold "636" on the side. And of course he said the same thing "man, you should've gotten that 10 - you're gonna get tired of the 600 in a few months. It won't be fast enough for you." When I told him I had my previous one for 13 years, I could tell he was puzzled at how I could live with so little power. Yeah well.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I haven't been riding long, just over five years, but I rode my friend's 2004 ZX10 and a different friend's 2005 R1 last weekend, I don't EVER plan on owning a sportbike larger than 750. When I am done with sportbikes, I am going straight to the Lazy-Boy, a Gold-Wing. I can hardly wait to take that thing to Alaska and back from wherever I live at the time.

--David

·
Registered
333 Posts
It always happens, to many people bigger is better. I know this guy whose first bike was a 2005 R6, he was like it is way to slow and doesn't handle well, tried not to be an assole but I told him that is because you really dont know how to take corners yet. I just found out several months later he has a brand new R1 LOL! Quote this, he swears the R1 handles 10X better than the R6 in the corners [B)] All this coming from someone who has ridden for a total of 3 months.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I plan on going to a ZX10 in 08 or 09

By then I guess I will have put on a few Lbs [xx(]

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Only by getting a 1000 can you realize how SILLY you really can be.

·
Registered
372 Posts
"It's a 1000,I just put 6R stickers on it for insurance purposes"

"My mom wouldn't let me get the 10"(helps when you're my age,50ish)

"I think its a 600....just told the dealer to give me the fastest bike
in the joint"

"Oh didn't you hear,they quit making 1000's.....yeah everybody's buyin them up.Once the present inventory's gone there won't be anymore,crazy huh?You better go get an R1,quick"

"my next bike's gonna be a 250.......wanna race?"

·
Registered
291 Posts
i went to have some drinks with my girl the other night and the bar tender asked what kind of bike i had when i told him he said "thats a small bike right" even my girlfriend chuckled

·
Registered
875 Posts
Mine's only a 500, but that's fine for me right now, esp being that its my first bike. Tough to imagine more than double the power right now.

Its funny how ppl can form such strong opinions about things they obviously don't understand. Any I-4 600 is a serious bike.

Just pass 'em in a turn and they'll think you must have had a 12 or a 14!:D

·
Registered
278 Posts
Originally posted by BWS
"It's a 1000,I just put 6R stickers on it for insurance purposes"

"My mom wouldn't let me get the 10"(helps when you're my age,50ish)

"I think its a 600....just told the dealer to give me the fastest bike
in the joint"

"Oh didn't you hear,they quit making 1000's.....yeah everybody's buyin them up.Once the present inventory's gone there won't be anymore,crazy huh?You better go get an R1,quick"

"my next bike's gonna be a 250.......wanna race?"
Good stuff! [:M120]

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
Originally posted by Mad Mike
Mine's only a 500, but that's fine for me right now, esp being that its my first bike. Tough to imagine more than double the power right now.

Its funny how ppl can form such strong opinions about things they obviously don't understand. Any I-4 600 is a serious bike.

Just pass 'em in a turn and they'll think you must have had a 12 or a 14!:D
+1 I started last year on an '87 EX500, and for about two months thought about going up to a liter bike (R1). Then I realized that was a really big step up, and a new 600 was going to be plenty of bike for me, despite being a "bigger guy". Now when people say, "Yeah but I'm a big guy, so I need a bigger bike." I come back with, "Are you shitting me? Look at me! (6'3", 220lbs), and I can crack 100 in 2nd gear... and there's still a bunch left over."

Whimpy bike my ass!

·
Registered
380 Posts
ive had my 636 for about a year and a half and put 15000 miles on it, mostly canyons and im still not a pro at it. i have a lot to learn and improve on with a 600. sometimes i wish i had a 1000 but with 4 years and over 80k miles riding experience, im still not ready for a liter bike. people just dont know!

·
Registered
206 Posts
If I had a nickle for every time I heard, "That's only a 250!?"

People used to think my 650 was a lot smaller of an engine being a single cylinder.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'll take my 636 over any liter bike.... more bike than anyone on the street would ever need. If I ever "get bored" with this bike, I should be on the track

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a buddy with an 02 gsxr1000, he would always give me shit for getting a 636, we'll we grew up in the Minneapolis area with lots of straight roads. Anyways I ended up moveing to the la crosse area where we have twisties in every direction, he came down one weekend and was like bragging about his rideing abilities and how he was ganna smoke me. Within the first hour of rideing not only did i have to wait for him to catch up every ten minutes but he ended up high-sideing. I'm not saying that a 636 is always ganna beat a 1000 everytime on twisties but i am saying that its all up to the rider. Oh ya..... and he hasn't talked shit to me since that day!! ;)

·
Registered
380 Posts
I rode my buddy's old R1. It was a 2000 with minor mods. Holy crap that thing was fast and it's nothing compared to the new liter bikes. I get frustrated not even being able to redline my bike in most places without the fear of jail time. I wouldn't know what to do with all the power of a 1000. I know people say it's a better city or commuter bike because of all the low end power but who wants their bikes to live their lives below 10,000? My other friend's gixxer 750 is a sweet bike but same problem on the street. I've got too much to lose to use all the power. I just wish I had more money for track days...

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've had the opposite reaction. When I've blown them away on some straights or curves they ask what size is that. Only to be red faced when they discover its a 6.

Anyway... 6 is enuff to get me into license losing territory most of the time. Only time I once found it straining was when I was riding home with a group of guys with thou's straight off the trackday. But I can live with that.:)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.