Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just insatalled an Ohilins on my 99 - Wholly S%^t !! What a huge difference it makes !!!! It turns into corners a whole lot faster, is more stable , and just generally rocks ! I never knew what a differnce it would make. I went for a test ride with the Mrs. and even 2up it was amazing ! Pushing through a particular corner (normally @ about 60-65 )now @ 75-80 !!!! If anyone is thinking of upgarding thier shock ,, DO IT !!!!!!! best mod yet !!! :D

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thanks for the info. I had wondered if a better shock would make a noticeable difference. I'm afraid to ask what it cost you, but tell me anyway? Was it a big job to install? And if you got a good deal online, I'd like to know your source?

Thanks, AL

If everything is under control, you're going too slow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It made the bike a completly different one ! Instilation wasnt a real big deal, the biggest/hardest part was suspending the bike so no weight is on the of the bike . I used my handy/dandy engine hoist to accomplish this . Actual replacement took all of 30 minutes. While I had the shock off I cranked up the ride height a bit, Im still doing the fine tuning . I cannot stress it enough, this was/is the best mod ever. I got a real deal on it, a buddy was selling his 02 ZX so he can race an 03 ZX6-RR !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.