Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is the deal, I got a *FREE* Ohlins Damper, but it came off of a 2007 ZX-10R. The front mount under the triple tree matches fine. But on the ZX-10R there are 2 bolts for the tank which the stock mounting bracket mounts too. But my tank (2006 ZX-6R) only has one bolt. Can I buy a mount (Anyone have one they will sell me?) or rig a bracket? Trying to keep the cost to a minimum. Let me know! Opinions matter! Thanks!

ZX-10R

ZX-6R

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
You added pictures after I first replied. When you said "Ohlins Damper" I was thinking you meant the Scotts/Ohlins rotary style. That is what I was referring to. The mounting bracket I posted earlier is not for the linear damper you have pictured.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Okay, I am going to go look in a minute for that. On the triple tree, you scoot the handlebar down a little and the bracket goes between it and the tree. Just like on the zx-10r. I agree with not rigging a bracket considering that it is my steering depending on it.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i had an ohlins damper. but needed a mounting bracket kit. i ended up selling the damper on ebay, because the bracket kit was hella expensive. call ohlins and request a price. but it aint cheap, thats for sure.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
anything that you'd have to tap and drill holes into the frame I'd personally shy away from. Sure it's a great damper, but I'm leery about punchin holes in the frame, that's just me. What about a GPR? Probably be more expensive though but they work and fit very easy. Also, remember that any time you have to take the tank off, off comes the damper too!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Here is what the Ohlins kit for the ZX6 looks like taken from my bike...If you do some modding I am sure you could make the ZX10 work...maybe..as you can see they mount completely different.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
The GPR mount is garbage for the 05-06. It has one mounting point at the gas tank. The whole point is for a steering damper to be ridged and that is why Scott's makes you drill 2 holes for a total of 3 mounting points. Look at Granny's ohlin's, again it mounts at 2 point not 1(The tank and the triple). I am not knocking the GPR damper itself but the setup they put out for the 05-06 6R is garbage!!!! Any damper is better then none but I would pass up GPR.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.