Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know what mm ohlins damper would fit my 06 ZX6R?
I find them online for the 03-04 but not my year

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
thats because they dont make a regular one for your bike.....

The 6RR has a frame boss, that is made for a damper to attach to it.

If you have a 636 (6R) you will most likely need to look into a rotary damper or a hyper-pro, also toby makes one.
They all mount on the top of the triple clamp area.

Do a search for steering damper or hyper-pro and that should set you up with some info. someone on here from englad has an Ohlins damper set-up...damn him

·
Registered
359 Posts
As far as I'm aware, Harris are the only company that has worked with Ohlins to make make a set up using the Ohlins damper for the 6r.As JDgun says the 6rr's have a boss on the frame to mount one to which uses a side mount damper.
Lucky me,I got a Harris one from ebay quite cheap.

P.S. I'm from Scotland JDgun not England!!!

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Sorry Old chap (ajax1976) on the mishap on you being from scotland and all. I guess i learned something new today, thank you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think that Ohlins has come out with a top mount damper for the 05-06 636. It's on their website, and I called a few weeks back to confirm. It's the complete kit. I had the link on another post, but if you google ohlins, you will find the model listed for our bike.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I wonder if I can use my Hyper-Pro mount on the Ohlins. All I need is a new clamp that fits the oddly shaped Ohlins damper? I would like to have gone Ohlins, but it has taken them forever to get something on the market for the 636.

·
Registered
3 Posts
message for ajax from SCOTLAND :Di have a scottish wife...not making that mistake! how you getting on with the damper my friend? just recently got a new 636 and hell it needs one! any info on feel and cure/is too tight? etc not looking for track day stuff just to calm down the front. part number etc ? seen it anywhere else for sale? just dampers new to me and not sure on which is good for me ..cheers Badger

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.