Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally got my Ohlins damper back from Dan Kyle Racing....man its so much better for a $97 charge shipped back to my house EVERYONE should do it....

just a suggestion fellas its worth it trust me:)

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
i finally got my Ohlins damper back from Dan Kyle Racing....man its so much better for a $97 charge shipped back to my house EVERYONE should do it....

just a suggestion fellas its worth it trust me:)
My needle and seat are in the mail , $20 shipped (canada) and i'm gonna do the mod myself .

·
Registered
538 Posts
My needle and seat are in the mail , $20 shipped (canada) and i'm gonna do the mod myself .
I would wish you luck dude but you wont need it! Its soooo easy!
Next I want to find out the best way to re oil the damper cos I was reading that if you fill it up with better quality stuff it works even better after the re-valve! A friend of mine who is involved with the Australian Superbike guys is gonna find out what stuff the top teams fill their dampers with! When I know I will pass on the info! :Bike:

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I sent mine to dan kyle. I wish someone would have done a write up on how to change out the parts yourself, but I didnt want to wait. The first time I really got on the throttle the front end got a little shaky so thats when I sent it off. Since then the bike has became lighter and faster and I still havent had a problem after the revalve.
-Cody

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Where can I get the "stuff" to do this myself. Just $20??
I email'd Dan Kyle and he handled the rest . Nothing against Dan Kyle just didn't want to ship it there and all that BS . $15 part and $5 to ship to Canada , not to bad . As for the fluid change , it is probably easier than changing the needle and seat as i've done it twice you just need to take your time and have some patience as it took upward to an hour to get ALL the tiny little bubbles out .

·
Registered
68 Posts
:confused:

Surely you've never felt a real damper.
Yeah, I have a Hyper-pro on my ZX-10. That's a bike(05) that probably needs one as much any bike does. I recently change tires too and just haven't had any head-shakes or whatever to worry me. I'll probably get it fixed before a trackday though.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
anyone have the trick to get those torx bolts off..I have the right T40 torx but just can't break it loose...they must be loctited but they started stripping when I put some muscle into it so I stopped...just something I haven't been able to get over

·
Registered
143 Posts
anyone have the trick to get those torx bolts off..I have the right T40 torx but just can't break it loose...they must be loctited but they started stripping when I put some muscle into it so I stopped...just something I haven't been able to get over
Yes, they are 'thread locked' in place. Try an impact driver with the T40. Should make all the difference.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Needle and seat received from Dan Kyle racing

Anyone do the replacement of the needle and seat have a write up? I'm doing this tomorrow and would like to not be flying blind.

Thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Anyone do the replacement of the needle and seat have a write up? I'm doing this tomorrow and would like to not be flying blind.

Thanks!
Here's the manual, courtesy of "lewisb13"

http://www.rogueracing.org/dk/sdwm.pdf

I also picked up a replacement needle valve & seat (from Kyle), but haven't had the time to do the work yet. Before I do, I was wanting to fabricate a tool similar to Ohlin's 1707-01 (image attached).

Also, a question for others that have done the needle valve replacement themselves.

DID YOU REPLACE THE VALVE SEAT AS WELL AS THE NEEDLE VALVE ?

If so, how easy was it to remove & replace ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
kinda off topic but.......... how important is it to have a steering damper for road use? ive had a few bikes but never had one/riden with one.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I dont get why Dan Kyle seems to be the only name floating around here. Can't a normal ass dealership just order me the parts or do it themselves? Or do they have to be Ohlins certified or something.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I picked up my extra Kawasaki OEM-spec Ohlins today so I'm ready to have it sent in for the upgrade :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts