Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. Heres another question. When you clean your airfilter, what type of oil do you use? Is there any special "air filter oil" or can you just use regular engine oil. The little book that comes with the bike says to use 10W-40. Sounds like engine oil to me. What if all you got is 20W-50?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a K&N and have not had to clean it yet but will use the K&N filter cleaner.

It does sound to me that it is good old engine old. I know in my bugs when I change the oil and clean the oil path air filter I just use what ever it was that I put in the motor.

Hope this helps.

It's days like this I wish I still did drugs!

Edited by - aqon2welz on 08/18/2002 11:50:23

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put the 20W-50 in. Put it on the road and it seemed a little slugish. I don't really know because I had some friends following in their Durango so I had to ride slow. I need to get it out and open it up. It seemed to work its own kinks out but I can't be sure yet.

This was my train of thought. Slip on increases air out and there by increases air in resulting in slightly lean condition. Put heavier weight oil on filter and restrict some air in will hopefully compensate for lean condition from slip on by restricting some airflow in. Sound good in theary I think. Anyone else?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.