Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wanting to change my oil and this is the first time i will be doing it to this bike. What brand filter and filter number do you use and what type and how much oil do you use?

Thanks

-M1a

·
Registered
342 Posts
Try the search function on here next time u have a question, theres several different post on this topic with detailed instructions.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Mobil1 M-110 filter available at any auto parts store. Oil is a highly debated and personal choice. Do a search as this has been covered alot.

With a filter change, the bike should take around 4 quarts of oil if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry i did a search and didnt find anything that had to do with types of oil and oilfilter number. If you can find a post for me that would be great

·
Registered
138 Posts
I did my bike last week, just used the owners manual for instructions, didn't have any issues, much easier to do on this bike than my old one actually. I just got a kawi filter from the dealer and some kawi oil, I'll put something fancy in next time.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i guess i skipped over the how to section b/c all i could find in there is how to change the oil which i already know how. But the second post that has the types of oil helps and with xtremes post on the filter number i have everything i need now.

Thanks

-M1a

·
Registered
301 Posts
I changed the oil on my 03 zx6r, it was pretty simple I actually changed it with out taking my fairings off. (because they are busted and zip tied and safety wired in strategic areas) so I drilled a small hole in the lower left fairing get a driver through to loosen the retaining ring around the filter.

·
Registered
391 Posts
use Mobil1 filter or Puralator filter PL14612 or PL14610

use regular oil for the first couple of oil changes, then switch to synthetic after 1,500-3,000 miles, depending on how hard you break it in. I use Mobil1 15w-50 full synthetic for riding season, and Mobil1 5w-30 full synthetic for winter storage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.