Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sport Rider had two dyno charts, gsx-r1000 Maxima maxum4 (3.3 hp gain), and a R1 motul 300v (2.7 hp gain).... Anyone with full synthetic noticed any hp gains?????? 3.3hp is awesome for a oil change......

·
Registered
333 Posts
I just put the Motul in mine but I haven't given it any stick yet
I'll see how it goes !

mfzx6r[^]

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Originally posted by 03zx-6rrman

Sport Rider had two dyno charts, gsx-r1000 Maxima maxum4 (3.3 hp gain), and a R1 motul 300v (2.7 hp gain).... Anyone with full synthetic noticed any hp gains?????? 3.3hp is awesome for a oil change......
Bike does feel a lot quicker and smoother after full synthetic.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Most engine builders (car) report 1-2% hp gain supported by dyno numbers when going from mineral oil to synthetic. I would suspect bike numbers to be similar. The 3 hp gain on a 150 hp engine would be on the high side. I would guess the change to synthetic on the 600 would be worth 1-2 hp, not enough to feel seat of the pants.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Was anyone else a little disappointed with the report? Bottom line is that they couldn't come to any conclusions about which oils where the best because they couldn't afford to do all of the tests on all oils. The information they provided was good, I would have liked to see a little more of a conclusion.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Did you really to say that Brand X oil is the best with twenty different oils currently advertise in the magazine?

Conculusion: Synthetic oil is better. There is little to no difference between car oil and bike oil. Synthetic oil is worth a little hp. Moly can be good. Some bike oils have it and some don't.

The part that interested me was the comparison of Mobil 1 15w50 and Mobil 1 10w40 bike specific. For essentially doubling the price they leave out the moly which is probably beneficial for most motorcycles.

·
Registered
159 Posts
When I went to Mobile 1 Full Synthetic my idle jumped aprox 350 rpms and I had to readjust. On top of that, shifting and the overall smoothness of the bike was dramaticly improved. Dont know if I gained any horse power but to me it was well worth it.

Mr. Speed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.