Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Kawi dealer for an oil change on a 636 that I got last wednesday. When I told them I wanted my oil changed with petrolium based they asked me why... I responded... it only has 100 miles on it and I want to get the metal out as soon as possible. They looked at me like I was crazy. Has anyone experienced this with a dealer?

N

·
0 Posts
a lot of us have experienced many unpleasant things with stealerships

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know I should not be here (636 will be my next bike soon) how come you need fossil based oils when your engine is still young.

"get the metal out as soon as possible"?

Why would the kawi dealer recommend Synth Oil? more expensive for you?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Actually, most people tend to agree that synthetic oil isn't good to use unless you have over 1,000 miles on your bike due to the synthetic being slippery and you want your rings to be well seated before using it. However, your rings should be fully seated at about 300 miles, especially if you broke your bike in hard, so use whatever oil you want (synthetic is best, otherwise semi-synthetic). I know plenty of people who have used synethic after 100 miles and never had a single problem. BTW: You should just do your own oil change because the stealership is a rip off; it's very easy and there's a how to on this forum if you're not sure.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Waiting till you hit 600 miles won't hurt what you're trying to accomplish.
If you really want to get it done now & they're giving you shit, just diy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.