Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
since the hurrican (Ike) is coming to town, all my friends cancelled the Las Vegas trip because they were worrying about family, house and what nots...so going by myself is boring, I cancelled too. So sitting here with nothing to do I decided to install that oil filter adaptor I got awhile back...Real nice quality piece...

a couple more pics of it installed.

btw, that's a Mobile 1 filter installed (M-110). The M108 will fit too..just shorter.

·
Registered
315 Posts
No leaks or anything? Looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
70 Posts
What does this do? How does it make the oil change easier? Oil filter more accesable? Not being a smartass, I honestly don't know.

·
Registered
315 Posts
What does this do? How does it make the oil change easier? Oil filter more accesable? Not being a smartass, I honestly don't know.
In the original setup, you have to take apart the oil filter assembly and replace the filtering medium. With this, all you have to do is screw off the old filter and screw on the new one (from what I can tell). Just like in a car.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that Red RTV or Red Locktite seeping around the edges?
There is an O-ring in there and the instruction said to put a thin layer of gasket maker/sealant on top of the O-ring for a better seal...so that's what it is. The system is exceptional quality. On a scale of 1-10 in quality, I would have to give it a 10 for workmanship. Instruction came it with to install is very detail...not that it's a hard install or anything but nice to have things to confirm & walk you through etc.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is freakin sweet. May I ask where I may purchase this?

I'm guessing you add a dab more oil as well now?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is freakin sweet. May I ask where I may purchase this?

I'm guessing you add a dab more oil as well now?
Do a search on "Spin On oil filter adapter" or something similar. I posted a thread regarding it and bought it back then..never get to install it until today :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Very Nice mod - and one that will keep on giving as it now reduces the headaches of an oil change allowing it to be done more often!

Rep for you sir!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Could you please tell me where to purchase it. There is actually written there their website address.
Could you tell me what is the website address.?

Thanks,

·
Registered
274 Posts
i'd heard of those and wondered how they fit/worked, thanks for pics. link to seller would be appreciated. i already have filters for the next couple of years but know where i can sell them. it would be nice if the filter wasn't always on the bottom. at least on three of my bikes. my harley filter has an internal element which when removed,leaks oil all over the top, uphill side of tranny, frame, tire, etc. my triumph has a 68 mm filter and wrenches aren't sold except at dealers so i needed a screwdriver/hammer adapter (now use super tech filter). well thought out... j

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does anyone know a website to find these...looks like one of those great mods that kawasaki should have put on the bike to begin with

·
Joe Rocket Whore™
63 Posts
any one found these yet? i can't locate them.
Does anyone know a website to find these...looks like one of those great mods that kawasaki should have put on the bike to begin with

Wow. The OP wrote "Do a search on "Spin On oil filter adapter" or something similar. I posted a thread regarding it and bought it back then..never get to install it until today :D", and you guys are stuck trying to find out the info he wrote on who makes these?

He gave you guys a big clue: He made another thread about it. Here's a lesson on expanding your search capabilities to include searching other people's past posts/threads.

Simple instructions for you:

1. Go to post #1.
2. Click on "Randomwalk101"
3. Click on "View public profile"
4. Click on "Find all threads started by randomwalk101"
5. Scroll down and click on the thread you think best describes the topic on Hand. It contains detailed info of this adapter, the link of the manufacturer, and his authorized reseller. If you still need help to locate it at this point I don't think there's hope for you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow. The OP wrote "Do a search on "Spin On oil filter adapter" or something similar. I posted a thread regarding it and bought it back then..never get to install it until today :D", and you guys are stuck trying to find out the info he wrote on who makes these?

He gave you guys a big clue: He made another thread about it. Here's a lesson on expanding your search capabilities to include searching other people's past posts/threads.

Simple instructions for you:

1. Go to post #1.
2. Click on "Randomwalk101"
3. Click on "View public profile"
4. Click on "Find all threads started by randomwalk101"
5. Scroll down and click on the thread you think best describes the topic on Hand. It contains detailed info of this adapter, the link of the manufacturer, and his authorized reseller. If you still need help to locate it at this point I don't think there's hope for you.
:clap:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts