Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i need to do my first oild change this weekend. dont have time to order a k&n filter where do you go locally for the filter and oil...auto parts store or kawi dealer?

· Get off of my lawn Dammit
46,870 Posts
Hey guys i need to do my first oild change this weekend. dont have time to order a k&n filter where do you go locally for the filter and oil...auto parts store or kawi dealer?
You can use either. If you go to the auto parts store you'll need to cross reference your filter so you get the right one. Try this link;

Motorcycle Oil Filter Cross Reference

I think most “ninjas” use the same filter. I’ve been using the Purolator One PL14612

· Registered
166 Posts
Eh. K&N is over priced. I use the purolators. You can use the 14612 or the 14610 (longer body). Im stuck using the 12 on my vfr for space reasons. The Er6n has plenty of space where the filter is.

The kawasaki and yamaha filters are good and they're not paper but the other type of media. Im having a brain fart and cant think of it. I only use oem filters if I can find a deal on them.

· Registered
649 Posts
yea im using the 14610 right now...2500 miles on it and the bike hasnt blown up yet so seems to be good...only 5 bucks to

· Registered
166 Posts
yea im using the 14610 right now...2500 miles on it and the bike hasnt blown up yet so seems to be good...only 5 bucks to

Good stuff. There's only a select few companies that make filters. I know there's WIX, Champion, and a few others. They also make filters for other companies. Champion makes the Walmart Supertech oil filters. I've used several of them with no problems. The only con about them is the then metal housing. As long as your filter is tucked away, it shouldn't be a problem.

On the Purolators, I get the golds ones for the extra grip. It's a real tight fit on my VFR so every little helps cause I dont like jabbing a screw driver into the filter and risking the threads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.