Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how often do you guys change your oil and filter. I have already had my 600 mile oil change and now im at 1700 miles. Also are any special tools needed to change the oil filter and how hard is it to change the oil and filter. I just dont want to spend 100 bucks for a oil change.

·
Registered
343 Posts
lol

do a search bro. there is like 10,000 posts about this

[:0]

·
Registered
3,609 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I changed mine at 600, then again at 1500. I just turned 3000 and changed it yesterday. Now it's gonna be every 2500 miles. It's very easy to change. Go for it and you'll see. Take off the black lower, drain the oil, replace the filter, put it new oil, check level in sight glass, replace lower and ride away. Make sure your drain plug is tight, you don't want it to leak being right in front of the rear tire!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
depends on the temperature. if it is below 80* then about every 3000 miles. if its above 95-100* then about every 2000 miles. heat break down oil, so i just figure stay safe.

when i change my oil. makes for a good time to oil the chain as well. weather i just lubed it or not. its up on the stands and i have some time to kill whil the oil is draining.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.