Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long does it usually take to change the oil for your bike? Not including the time you ride it around to actually warm the oil up. Just curious.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
That sounds about right to me. It usually takes me around half an hour to change my oil, and like Cdn said, the longest part is watching the oil drain. gives you time to smoke a few cigarettes or drink a beer or two (if you're not riding afterward, of course;)).
You don't have to ride the bike around to warm the oil up, though. Just start it up and let it idle for three or four minutes after you take the fairing off. Then unscrew the drain plug. You don't want the oil to get too hot or it'll burn ya.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When taking the fairing off of the '03 ZX6R, how do you get it off at the bottom of the bike? There are these pins that seem to hold everything together at the bottom and it looks like the only way to get them off is to force them out or break them off.

·
Registered
166 Posts
blue636,
Take a small allen wrench, I use the one that I take the screws out of the fairing with, and push on the center of the pin. It will pop in and then they pull out fairly easy. Pull the center out a little when you put them back in and then push the center pin back in flush.
Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.