Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a '05 zzr600 with 2400 miles. I got it with 2000 on it and I know that it had the 600 mile service done. The manual and the dealer said that it doesnt need a service till 4000 miles and then all it is is an oil change. I live in florida and everyone down here knows how hot it can be and how grueling on engines it is. So I wandered if anyone around the south here gets oil changes before the "manual specified" time or if you just use the appropriate oil to compensate. Thanks guys ride on....

·
Registered
182 Posts
you can never change your oil to much. So follow the book, but if the oil starts to look really dark, i change mine. Personal technique, but i promise my engine will never seize from lack of maintenance....

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
yeah i change my oil twice as much as the book states, but i only change the filter every other time i change oil, i just empty it out to get all the old oil out and then put it back on. it only costs like $15 for 4 qts of synthetic oil and $15 for a filter so really its not that much...
Ben

·
Registered
939 Posts
i live in florida as well and have changed my own oil since owning the zzr it cost me under 20 at adanced autoparts using nomal motorcycle oil and k and n filter. if it looks dirty give it a change. i do mine around 1k-2k

·
Registered
35 Posts
Stick with motorcycle oil...It is a debatable topic but better safe than sorry and it would be a good thing to change it more frequently than the MOM suggests, unless you are using sythetic which you don't have to change as often. Sythetic is also really good for hot climates...something to think about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.