Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I believe its ~10 ft/lbs. Keep in mind it has an aluminum washer, usually a good indicator of very low torque requirements.

A good "rough" method would be to hand thread and tighten the bolt, then give it 1/8 turn with the wrench, that's all it needs.

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
I'll take 222 ft lbs for $500, Alec... Buy the repair manual, then you will definitely know which one it is; or you can average out all of the above not including mine. I have a 2002 and my repair manual says 14.5 ft lbs, how much more different can it be on an '03, but this is straight from the kawasaki repair manual.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Originally posted by iroman

BTW, no offense guys, but go with Rob Lee's spec.
WRONG! Here's proof sucka [:p]/forum/uploads/strong bad/oil_torque_spec_1.jpg/forum/uploads/strong bad/oil_torque_spec_2.jpg

Now stick that nut between your cheeks n' crack it! :D

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Originally posted by Strong Bad

The proper torque spec for the oil drain plug is 29 n/m - 1.0 kgf/m - 87 in/lb
Actually, look at line 15 of your post with the manual posted. It plainly says that the engine drain plug takes 22 ft.lbs. of torque.
I guess you and Rob were both off. You just read the wrong line. Your first spec is for the drain plug (29nm) but the rest (1.0kgf/m and 87 in/lb) is for the oil pan bolts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for posting that bit from the manual--I've already ordered one, but it hasn't arrived yet...I'm breaking in the bike so I wanted to get the oil changed before I put too many more miles on it (It's too hard to stay off the thing!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.