Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure why your dealer is saying the filters are on backorder, I changed the oil in my bike the other day and 2 different dealers had plenty of them in stock (needed to get a Honda filter for a friend so I had to hit 2 places). As for the first service I have heard of people paying anywhere from $150 to over $300 for the 500 miles service, complete rip off and you can do the work at home. Chances are they are going to change the oil/filter, adjust/lube your chain and send you on your way with a big bill. You can bring your bike over my house and I will have it back to you in under an hour for the same work at half the price! :D

I really should start doing some side work again.

Mike
99 R6 Street - Sold
00 R6 Track
03 KTM 200SX
03 ZX-6R Street

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Tell them to install an oil filter that fits on the 2000-2002 model year ZX-6Rs. It's the same fitting and all, only difference is that it's a little longer length over-all. I have been using an Emgo for the older bikes for 1,800 miles without and problems. There are three track days in that eqaution as well. Use it without reservation.

Chaos, panic, disorder......

my work here is done

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Again, if you cannot find the 2003 filter (part number 16097-0002), you can safely use the 2000 to 2002 filter (part number 16097-1070).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I brought my bike down to the dealer for the 500 mile service. He told me it would be ready by wed 5/7. when i came to pick it up this weekend i was told the oil filters were on back order and i am going to have to wait. This is the same dealer i bought the bike from. I was wonder what i should do and was also wonder how much this is gonna run me

Her name is Naomi...thats i moan backwards

2003 black 6R "smeagle"

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
It sounds like they are one of those lame ass dealers that wasnt aware that the new 03 models have a new oil filter part number, so they never ordered any, and I bet your bike is the first 03 they are servicing. I say go to another dealership and buy the correct oil filter and then bring it to the dealership who has your bike.

Thank God for Guardian Angels... Especially This One!

·
Registered
72 Posts
My dealor rocks... they didn't have any in stock either and they are the only dealor in town kinda a small town... anyways they had 3 new 6r's with one still brand new in the crate... so they "borrowed" the filter off the new bike that hasn't been started yet and put it on my bike :) my service was $100 for everything :)

2003 zx-6r

·
Registered
122 Posts
I finally got 2 of them. My dealer just got them in today and only received 2 of them. $29 for two oil filters is pretty steep though. But now I have a filter and can change my oil, yea!

2003 ZX6R Silver

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you guys want, I will get some here in Japan. I haven't checked with my dealer how much it will cost yet, but I am sure it will be similar.. but a higher change of getting them.
Let me know.

Originally posted by cyclops24

I finally got 2 of them. My dealer just got them in today and only received 2 og them. $29 for two oil filters is pretty steep though. But now I have a filter and can change my oil, yea!

2003 ZX6R Silver
Jack
---
Evo VII
ZX-6R 636

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Originally posted by SpecialK

My dealor rocks... they didn't have any in stock either and they are the only dealor in town kinda a small town... anyways they had 3 new 6r's with one still brand new in the crate... so they "borrowed" the filter off the new bike that hasn't been started yet and put it on my bike :) my service was $100 for everything :)

2003 zx-6r
That's a very special dealer indeed. A few weeks ago, by buddy overcooked a corner, laid his CBR down, and broke his shifter off. Luckily, it was still early in the afternoon, so we went to the local dealership (which is mainly a Honda dealer) to buy a new shifter. Of course, being the assholes that they are, they didn't have any in stock, and told us that we had to order one. I suggested that they take one off of one of the 30 plus CBR's they had sitting around, but they guy said that he couldn't, because if someone came in and wanted to buy that bike, it would look bad if it was missing a shifter. Whatever dude.

On the bright side, they did come outside with a drill and fabricate us a makeshift shifter that lasted all of twenty minutes of riding:(.

·
Registered
298 Posts
[?]

Why is the dealer an asshole for not having a shifter in stock? And why is the dealer an asshole for not taking a shifter off a brand new bike just to so your highly-skilled riding friend can buy it for his
wadded CBR?

Am I missing something here?

[?][?][?]

inca jones

2003 636 Black

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.