Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met another 03'zx6r rider yesterday, he was telling me that he was having a build up of oil at the bottom of his coolant reservoir(left side of bike). He went on to say that every 03' zx6r owner he met was having the same problem. I haven't had a chance to check mine yet, but can you guys check and see if you have this problem?? He took his bike to the dealership and they said that it was oil from the manufacturing of the radiator or some shit like that. You may have to tilt the bike a bit to see it. Has anyone ever heard of this?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Yes myself and any other'03 I have seen also has it. I didn't think it was oil though. But I beleive that it is sediment, most likely from a brand new radiator. Its a sorta lightish brown color at the very bottom of the coolant reserve. I am going to flush the system out in a week of two. It's odd that it did settle in the Res. though, because I didn't think that the reserve tank was part of the recirculating system. I'm sure its nothing to be alarmed about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.