Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read an article about oil today in Sport Rider. That actually put kind of a new spin on what oils I thought where good and bad. It was the first truely objective look at oil that I've seen that was done in a scientific manner. Short of the story is that not all oils are the same that synthetic is better then dino oil, and beleive it or not, some "Motorcycle" Oils are really different then "Car" oils, and not the same stuff in a different bottle. The article made me happy with my choice in oils, and might change your mind about what's in your bike.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I use Mobil 1 MX4T. Is that a good oil according to the article? It's designed specifically for motorcycles, and I've never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I've heard motul is a good oil.

The MX4T I'm not impressed with. It sheers down to a 30 weight, it evaportes a lot, etc.

I've used Mobil1 15w50 in my bike for years. I can't wait to get my bike out of storage to try AMSOIL in it. If I don't like I'll stop recommending it to people. I might sell AMSOIL, but I only do it because I believe in the product. I don't recommend their crap engine flush or their overpriced XL7500 series.

If you guys really want to know a lot about your motorcycle oil they have a forum for that on www.bobistheoilguy.com. Just please, don't join and ask, "What should I use in my bike?" It's a waste of bandwidth. Just search through the used oil analysis and posts. Lots of good information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.