Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I know I'm in the wrong forum for the type of bike I have, but I can't seem to get enough reponses to my question in the other forum. Anyways, I have a 2005 z750s. The oil light came on the other day while I was riding. I pulled over, called some buds, and we loaded the bike in the back of a pick up and took it to my friends house. Needless to say, the bike was overdue for an oil change. Yep, the oil was pretty thin. So I changed the oil and filter and took it for a ride. There was no indication of any loss of power or engine knock I might add. While I was riding the bike the oil light would get dim, flickering if you will, and at one point it even went off but came back on. I know the oil pump is working because the oil in the sight glass disappears when I crank the bike. I also disconnected the battery to see if maybe the computer would reset or something, but that didn't work either. I think it is the oil pressure sending unit but I haven't changed it so I'm not sure. Any input would be appreciated, even if it is input telling me to go back to the forum I came from. Peace out Ninjas!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
You could try burping the filter. I haven't had to do it on mine yet but basically I hear, loosen the filter slightly to where oil is just starting to leak out and theoretically it will release any air trapped in there and the oil light should turn off if that's your problem. I'm thinking maybe the light was on originally because your oil was too thin and no pressure and now it might be on for that reason. Two unrelated things just happening back to back. Good luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like a good idea. I'll definitely give that a shot. Thanks, I'll post if anything happens. Gracias Senor, yo quiero taco bell!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Did an oil change on both my 06 and 01 zx6r saturday... 01 needed to be burped again (as it did last time, but not the previous 3-4 changes).... 06 was fine... did move to 20w-50 on the 06 tho and I did notice this morning that its running MUCH hotter.. Air temp this morning must have been high 60s, low 70s and bike was running over 200...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, burping the baby worked. Thanks a bunch for that insight. You know, now that I think about it I can remember reading stuff about people having to do this before I had the problem with my own bike. Hell of it is, I guess maybe I was just thinking way to hard about my issue. You know, the pecimist point of view. Anyways, I'm not ridin' a zx6 now, but that's what I'm gonna be ridin' a soon as I can! Till then, Z's up on one, hoes down..... on deez!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.