Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 z750s. The other day my oil light came on. It was overdue for an oil and filter change so I figured mybe that woule be the problem. The oil was pretty thin to say the least. So I changed the oil and filter and took it for a ride. The light would flicker and even go out for just a second. The engine performed just as good as before and definitely no engine chatter. I disconnected the battery to see if it needed to reset or something but that didn't work. I figure maybe the oil pressure sending unit is faulty. Has anyone this problem?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Having generally the same problem right now. Changed the oil, light is on after change and won't go out. No solutions yet...scared to run engine incase oil pump isn't making pressure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, my problem's been found...damn dealer gave me the wrong oil filter. So, I'm leaving the bike with them to make sure my running it for a few minutes trying to get the light to go out didn't screw the engine up. Still under warranty and their mistake, so they better take care of it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wrong oil filter? Did it screw on? If it did, I don't see what the problem would be. Well, my bike's warranty ran out a month or so ago. But I really think the problem is going to be the oil pressure sending unit. Ofcourse I won't be bale to find out for sure until I put a new one on.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little peom for you guys

Had to burp it
yep, that did the trick.
Got that idea,
from the forum for the zx6.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hey people im glad im not the only one that had to burp their bike. i also thought i had the wrong oil filter,but all i had to do is start the bike ,loosen the oil filter just enough until oil starts to leak out the sides and tighten immediatley! shut off bike ,let oil settle and fill to correct oil level.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.