Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 zx14 full yoshi, pc3, k&n air, flies out.

last night , jumped on the highway, accelerated really hard all the way up to 150mph and noticed the oil light was on. i immediatly pulled the clutch and rolled to a stop and turned off the bike. i checked my oil level, which was perfect, and cranked back up. light came on again, so i shut it off. waited about five minutes, cranked back up, no light, so i headed back home. my question is what could have caused this? my oil level was good. i dont know how to check oil pressure, and if it was an oil pressure issue, why did the light stay off the second time. hopefully this is just an error on the comp. part or a sensor malfunctioning. i did have one worry, while tightening a wellnut that holds the tank cover. the rubber wellnut broke and fell into the frame. as you fellas know, the frame is the airbox. so had to remove the tank, open airbox, and found the nut laying by the intake ports. could a small piece of rubber possibly been sucked in and somehow clogged up in an oil passage? and when i do say small i mean small because i did not see it when i recovered the main piece

·
Registered
296 Posts
the same thing happened to me one night riding with some liter bikes on bike night. i was going around some round abouts and the light comes on out of nowhere! i pull over and check the oil, and it reads ok. anyway, i crank it back up and the light goes away. i have no idea why it came on?

i've also had to replace well nuts on the front grill next the frame. i hope mine isn't lodged inside somewhere :mad: no problems of late though :cool:

·
Registered
296 Posts
no, luckily that's the only time it has come on while riding.

i'm glad you found nothing wrong with the oil.

your light hasn't come back on again either has it?

·
Registered
756 Posts
07 zx14 full yoshi, pc3, k&n air, flies out.

last night , jumped on the highway, accelerated really hard all the way up to 150mph and noticed the oil light was on. i immediatly pulled the clutch and rolled to a stop and turned off the bike. i checked my oil level, which was perfect, and cranked back up. light came on again, so i shut it off. waited about five minutes, cranked back up, no light, so i headed back home. my question is what could have caused this? my oil level was good. i dont know how to check oil pressure, and if it was an oil pressure issue, why did the light stay off the second time. hopefully this is just an error on the comp. part or a sensor malfunctioning. i did have one worry, while tightening a wellnut that holds the tank cover. the rubber wellnut broke and fell into the frame. as you fellas know, the frame is the airbox. so had to remove the tank, open airbox, and found the nut laying by the intake ports. could a small piece of rubber possibly been sucked in and somehow clogged up in an oil passage? and when i do say small i mean small because i did not see it when i recovered the main piece

If a nut or piece of rubber fell into an intake port, it would not clog-up oil passages. Common sense, no?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.