Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey tonight me and a buddy were out for a ride and he has a weird thing up with his bike now

2006 ZX6R 636

the oil light is on steady for some reason. The bike is showing the correct level of oil and its running at normal temps its just the light comes on shortly after start-up and stays on.

any idea whats going on .. any help is good!!

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
is the oil cap loose? when I got my bike from the dealer they didn't screw it on all the way, and I guess it didn't get pressure and caused the light to come on. I don't know man...that's all I got.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Originally posted by GreenEnvy
not sure whats going on, but don't let him keep riding it.
If there no/low oil pressure, he'll burn up the engine pretty quick.

Did he recently do an oil change?
Agreed, don't ride it until you guys figure out th problem. I'm betting he did do an oil/filter change and needs to "burp" the system.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Originally posted by xtremewlr

I'm betting he did do an oil/filter change and needs to "burp" the system.
Agreed. I think maybe help solve the problem as well.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he did change the oil about 100kms ago .. last night we did some prety agressive street riding and on thw way home the light came on then went out for about 20 kms and then back on solid. Please let me know how to help my bud out .. thanks guys

Burp the system??

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just taking to him this morning and on his ride to his house he said over bumps the light would flicker and go out until the road smoothed out again and by dropping a gear and gasing it would cause the light to flicker and go out as well .. its just griding along normal that the light comes on ... also it doesnt oem on until about 200 feet after start-up and go.

just tryin to let you guys know all info

help is awesome .. thanks

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Check to make sure that the oil level is actually correct. Bike should be in the upright position, not on the kick stand or a rear stand. Oil level should be between the upper and lower marks on the sight glass. I usually err towards the upper mark.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that was the first thing we looked for and its showing perfect amount of oil,is running at normal temp,rides normal and pulls the same,isnt making any weird noises .. could it be a sensor messed up? he is parking the bike until we get this figured out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.