Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the oil light come on if coolant is low? i got an oil light... the oil is full, but the coolant is really low. are they related?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
No. Does the light come on at all engine speeds? If so, you've got troubles.
Might just be a faulty switch or loose wire. Might be a bad pump.

BC.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The oil light often goes on for a bit after changing the oil. To avoid seizure, do not race the engine until the light goes off.

The light can also go on if there are loosely connected hoses near the engine. Remove the airbox, and then check all hose clamps. Do not ride the bike if the light stays on above idle.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this happened as soon as i dumped the bike yesterday. it flickers on and off... but its off when i am a lil over 2k rpm...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
If the light flickers, the problem is likely a loose wire, a loose hose, or a poor seal. If the bike was dropped on the right side, check for damage near the oil cap.

Have you made any engine mods that had you lift the tank?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did all the mods and what not where i did lift the tank.... but i was riding around a while before the ight issue anyways... the light flickers at low rpm... and yea it was on the right side... no leaks from the oil cap... only those engine covers got scratched up. I smashed up my radiator pretty good 2... had no plastics on it. where is the oil sensor or whatever triggers the light?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Funny thing, My wife had a no-speed tipover with her EX while it was running. I picked it up and got it fired back up (which took a bit of cranking), but the oil pressure light stayed on for about 5 mins. I knew the level was OK and there was no damage to the bike other than a snapped clutch lever but the light eventually went out and it's been OK ever since. If there's no visible oil leaks or damage, let it idle for a while and see if it goes out.
Cheers, Lee S.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.